Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #21
CBTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9267
I switched to the Mor/Ryde last year and I could tell the difference immediately. Without switching to another and testing for awhile there is no easy way to tell if one brand is better than another, but I'm happy with the improvement. We travel the same route ( home to grandkids and back) on a regular basis so at least I had a comparison on the same route. I have a short bed truck so I chose a longer pin-box version. The longer length helps a bit to allow me a sharper turn before crunching the cab corner posts.
A caution when going to the longer pin box- I remember posts in the past where the back edge of the longer pin box would contact the truck rails during a sharp turn. Our hitch height seems to prevent that so I didn't try to do the math , but even if there is a problem the advice in the earlier posts was to grind off a small amount of metal on the back of the pin box.

Don't ask me how I'm familiar with crunching the cab corner posts please, but the repair cost was over $1440, so I'm really careful (paranoid) now.

CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #22
Buckeye Mike
Established Member

M.O.C. #11350
I had the Trail-Air Tri-Glide on an SOB before the Montana.Got the Mor-ryde on this but rides like a log wagon compared to the Trail-Air.I kept the kitch off the SOB and when at the rally am going to check on purching the upper mount for the Trail-Air since Lippert owns them now.Maybe they will give a rally discount.For my part you can't beat theride of an Trail-Air Tri-Glide..Mike
Buckeye Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
F3fifty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12628
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by F3fifty

Just purchased a new 2012 Mountaineer 326 that didn't come with the Mor/Ryde Pin Box. This is my first experience with pulling a 5th wheel and IM not liking the chucking / bucking whatever you call it. Before I drop about 750 bucks on a Mor/Ryde Pin Box is this the best box out there? Thanks
The Mor/Ryde was instaled today and I went with a higher rated pin box 18,000. Yes I can tell a difference especially on starts and stops. The dealer also set the Hitch to the correct height as it was nose high which that in itself would cause some issues. Overall IM pleased with the Mor/Ryde purchase. Thanks to all for the feedback
F3fifty is offline   Reply With Quote