Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Winegards new Traveler Dish for Direct

We had our single LNB Road Trip dome replaced with the new Traveler that CW is selling. Ours is the 5 LNB DirecTv dish and it was an easy install (CW did it). So Far works great and the HD is spot on.
It raises and locks on with one button, actually lower than our Road trip when it is stowed. Only drawback is that it does not have an auto docking function. You must turn off and allow time for it to stow before you pull AC, otherwise it will stop in motion. Set up one time at each location and leave on. No need to enter zip or anything else. Of course, it is still limited by line of sight to the southern sky and excessive rain will cause it fits. I will still carry our portable dish for those times when an obstruction is in play....Gotta have my TV........DW wouldn't be without it......

BTW: It is capable of running three TV's with appropriate receivers...

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Phil,

Would you mind posting a "ball park" figure for this process? It might help some of more $$$$ challenged folks to decide what we need to do before Feb. of 09.

Thanks,

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:14 AM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dennis the dish listed for $2110, but on sale for $1699. Install was $249.30 and miscellaneous parts and supplies were $24.00. It has a two year parts and one year labor warranty and the extended warranty, for two additional years, was $389.99.
Pricey, to say the least, but not having to deal with the portadish is nice. Not for everyone but works for us.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
I know C/W has one for dish network also am thinking about it now just about ready to pull the pin just need to know what sat company is better we have dish and lost our locals while out on our trip to Yellowstone last year I know about the lawsuit thing and that is why we lost them what about Direct same deal or do they have a better deal for us on the go like you I only want to buy this setup once and it looks as if they wont work on both services I am really in the need for info on this if you could help out Thanks
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Thanks Phil,

I appreciate your prompt reply. That is a bit pricey but sure would be nice to have automatic!

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:boat391 Posted - Apr 15 2008 : 8:06:39 PM
I know C/W has one for dish network also am thinking about it now just about ready to pull the pin just need to know what sat company is better we have dish and lost our locals while out on our trip to Yellowstone last year I know about the lawsuit thing and that is why we lost them what about Direct same deal or do they have a better deal for us on the go like you I only want to buy this setup once and it looks as if they wont work on both services I am really in the need for info on this if you could help out Thanks
boat391 - Your Local stations are good for about a 150-200 mile radius of your home. You can get DNS - Distant Network Stations with your RV license registration - about $12 per month. The have east coast Atlanta stations and west coast San Francisco stations. You can get DNS stations anywhere you go.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 AM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Since I have NO stationary home, I do not get any local channels with Direct. I do, however, get the east and west coast feeds, as they call them. These are the national networks, ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox. They are out of New York and LA. If I want locals I can turn sat off and use batwing or CG Cable....
Old 04-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #8
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
now I am more confused than ever all we want is the network channels too is this a seperate package? don't really need so called locals just network coverage while on the road is the DNS only available on direct? Dish acts like they don't care too much about RV'ers
Old 04-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:boat391 Posted - Apr 16 2008 : 9:08:02 PM
Now I am more confused than ever all we want is the network channels too is this a separate package? don't really need so called locals just network coverage while on the road is the DNS only available on direct? Dish acts like they don't care too much about RV'ers
Go to All American Direct - https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/ They will explain everything you need to know about the RV waiver for the Distant Network Stations for DishNetwork. This a third party provider for DishNetwork. It is totally separate from your DishNetwork bill.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #10
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
cool I'll check them out thanks for the quick reply