Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Top inner slide seal

Talked to Team Montana yesterday about my problem with my superslide leaking under the rubber seal. They have to re-adjust the whole slide and with all the summer service center insanity this time of year can't get in right away to have it corrected.

I called Team Montana and suggested they send some scouts out to check out what SOB Forest River does with their inside seals. Kim I believe her name was took my information and seemed very interested. Maybe they will redesign what they use now to help keep the weather out. I own and have for sale a FR Wildcat and happened to notice this the other day when I moved to another lot. It would help if others on this forum brought this to their attention also, maybe we can help the future Montana owners not have these problems.

Any Feed back on this issue?

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
We had the same problem on our 06 3000rk and had to take it to a dealey 2000 miles from who i bought it from but they were great , they called keystone and keystone said the slide was put in wrong and the top of the slide sloped back to the rv , not away so they had to take off the inside trim and raise the ceiling of the slide. all done in 2 days and you never know it ,, but at the same time the dealer sugested we put on awnings over both slides as we did ,, by the way it was in escanaba ,, mich at hilltop rv , great service
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote