Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
Big Sky- First Impressions

Local dealer called last Sat. for me to come and see the new Big Sky. Was in area Friday, and got to see. All I can say, I am impressed. Here is a link to the unit I saw.http://www.rvusa.com/dealer_manageme...8430&picture=0The outside is really sharp. All gel coat, doors too. On entry, the first thing I noticed and liked, no "suicide step." The pictures don't do the inside justice, it is beatiful. Counter tops shine, the cabinets are perfect. Not to dark, finally no oak, and residental hinges. Recliners are comfy, huge TV, HDTV ready, fireplace standard, Dometic microwave, 12' fridge, and I liked the new table design. A neat little detail is the wood trim around the windows. Shower is great. Bathroom door has a decrotive window, window in stool room to, and a heat duct inside too. King bed with a decent mattress. The closet is very big, has a slide closure on door instead of the plastic clip that I keep breaking on mine. I could keep going on and on. Only negatives I had were there is still some pipes hanging down in storage area, electric hookup is still in back(I would like to have a side hookup), galley tank dump valve is behind wheel and not with other two, and the docking station is tight if you have any size to you(OK, I might be a little heavy). As we hope to upgrade in the next year or so, the Big Sky is on the list now.

2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Wow, great pictures, thanks for sharing. Do you know what color scheme it is? Are you going to take it home? LOL

Thanks again,
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Great pictures! I was not as impressed with this color decor, like the Golden Vista much better. The updated Big Sky is sure a great looking coach, can't wait to see on in person.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
I agree, great pictures!!

Now, the only problem is.......... Dawn wants one. I thought it was bad enough when she only wanted a 3400RL.

J of D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:00 AM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Sounds to me like you might as well sign on the dotted line.

I like the Big Sky also but after looking at Glenns 3485 - I have two dotted lines to sign on.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The Big Sky looks like a really nice coach. I can only wonder why they would want to put one of those cheap, ruffled headboards and gaudy printed sofas in it after all the complaints. Hopefully, there will be other choices. I was also hoping that "wood trim around the windows" meant that the fluffy side curtains were gone. But they can be taken down. Otherwise, it has nice features.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:52 AM   #7
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Thanks for the link to the pictures--nice to see another color scheme, even if I end up agreeing with Dave that the Golden Vista decor scheme appeals to us more than this decor scheme does. Also agree with Judy that I don't see why they continue to put in those cheap, ruffled headboards and gaudy printed sofas--out of three decor schemes, why can't they make one a simpler, more neutral color scheme for those of us who would rather have a neutral background for the color accents we individually choose to add.

Also goes to show that you can't believe what you hear from dealers, even when they get it straight from Keystone. Just yesterday the sales manager at our local dealer told us that he had just been told by Keystone that they would only be producing Big Sky units with the Golden Vista and Aspen Forest color schemes for now because they hadn't finalized the colors for the Twilight Meadow decor pkg. Now here comes a Twilight Meadow decor pkg. at a Seattle dealer. DUH!!!!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:05 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Oohy! Just the sight of 'er brings a tear to me one good eye!

That would sure look nice behind that 2007 Duramax!! Besides, then the years would match. I like things neat and tidy!

Looks like they got the patio light just a little too close to the awning. I've seen those melt down with the wrong bulb in them, and would hate to melt a hole in the awning fabric.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:11 AM   #9
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
As much as I liked it, my last "oil change" has me setting on the sidelines for a little bit on another "toy" purchase. But I do need to take the 2955 in to get the brakes adjusted!!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:35 AM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Very nice...I agree with Judy that about the couch..looks like the wall paper boarder clashes with it. Also agree about the headboard..I thought for sure that would be different.
I seen the MS with the trim around there windows, have to say I liked them better...maybe these look nicer when seen in person too.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have not seen the Big Sky yet. The dealer in Mesa ,Az is expecting one any day. We are sure it is pretty and has many upgrades.We will be looking for better quality, workmanship, ect.We see this as Keystone's opportunity to raise the bar in quality.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:18 AM   #12
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
that would look nice parked in my yard!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:36 AM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have to agree with David and Joanna about the decor. Couch, chairs (dining) and wallpaper on the walls don't even match. Reminds me of the inside of a bordello (not that I have ever been in one, mind you). But I would imagine it looks similar to this decor. I think there should be a neutral shade also where one could accessorize it the way you want. Then I guess there are other people who like this decor. Also, I thought the tropical mist had a blue tint. Somewhere on this forum there were color scheme pictures posted of the B S. Does anyone remember the post???

All in all, I think it will may a very good addition to the Keystone line...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:58 AM   #14
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I would like to see nuetral micro fiber faux suedes much like those that ended up in the 3500 RL's when they discontinued the Big Sky before. Actually we (Dick too) would like to see that kind of combo and deffinately nuetral.

We have not seen one in person yet. They did not have one at the show it Detroit a week or so ago. They are supposed to have one in Novi...hope I am home in time to see one.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Got a E mail from the dealer in Mesa,az advising us that their Big Sky had been shipped from the factory.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #16
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
If anyone is in the area, the one I saw will be at the show in Columbia, SC, next weekend. As a side note, this one had an MSRP of $77K.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #17
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
2007dura,

Do you know what the name of the decor package of this is?

thanks,

Jo-Anna
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #18
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
I agree, personally I don't like this decor at all. I liked the first one and personally prefer blues, but. . . guess we'll wait and see what comes up. Fortunately we're not buying til late spring. Still not 100% sure between the 3400 and the 340. Prefer the wood around the windows etc. on the 3400, prefer the larger appliances on the 340. I'd still like to know how they do the table in the 340. The price is not our deciding factor, just for the past 3 years everytime we go look, we end up in the 3400 for a couple of hours and were convinced THAT is the one for us, but there are some mighty good arguments for the 340, too. Time will tell. I hope anyone who gets to see one in person will take pictures or very careful notes to share with the rest of us. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Judy,
The best window treatments I have seen are in the Teton Homes Royal additional. Solid wood valances with strips of fabric running down the middle of them. They look sharp! I would also like to see a different material used when making the headboard. A flat wood headboard would look much better than the ruffle currently used.

Is it me or did the border around the coach in the pictures that was 1st posted look to be neon green? Almost lime in color? I thought it did not match the coach at all.... I must say that Keystone is really starting to raise the bar with this new Big Sky, I have a feeling you will see the competition scrambling to catch the Big Sky.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #20
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I guess I prefer the decor of the Big Sky on the web page. It seems neutral enough to me.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote