Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #21
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
We had one in our 2955 and told the dealer when we ordered our new 3400 that we did not want the tray. It takes up too much space, not worth the extra money for me. Now that we have our new rig we don't miss the tray one bit.

Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #22
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
We opted not to get the tray because I noticed a lot more plumbing in the way on the 3400 than our 2955 had. It seemed to me that it would prohibit the size of some containers you store on the slide?. Is that the case with those that have it?

I can still Dealer add it, just haven't decided yet.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #23
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
I don't have it. I put a hook on an old aluminum tube. I just poke the hook in there and drag out whatever I want. Course, I am a survivor and make stuff out of other peoples junk and then other people copy what I have come up with. I have fun doing that. Also when I get to a campground, I wander around to see how much "stuff" people drag around with them thinking they need it to live. Just my opinion...
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
LonnieB has some good points.. We saw a couple that had their Honda 2000 gen in the tray and just pulled it out to use..Our Kipor 3500 is to high to fit in there or we would do that. In the 3400 we can still store a lot of stuff between the tray and the wall.As for the webber BBQ..it does not get too hot and we have used it that way, As I mentioned the tray will hold several full size plastic milk crates and they hold a lot of stuff. You are just going to have to think it through...Those who do not have them have justified why they don't need them and those who have them have justified why we do so it is a wash. Whatever meets your needs...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #25
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Brad
Our 3400 actually has more pipes in the way than yours will because they changed the position of the toilet. We do not, repeat, do not have any trouble with the heighth of plastic tubs in the tray. IMHO you should get it. When you get to the CG and all those Class A $300,000+ units are pulling out their trays, it makes you feel like you are up there with the big boys. LOL
Happy Trails...................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:27 AM   #26
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks Sue - I may have to talk to the dealer to see if they can install it.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:07 AM   #27
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
Hi Sue,
As Rich said the Webber does not get too hot. It is very handy not to ever have to move the Bar B Que or the big propane bottle. We just slide it in and out!
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:36 AM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don and Bonnie, we did not get the tray. I thought it would take up too much space. But when I look at the tray in other rigs I see I was misguided. I would probably get it next time. Meantime, Vicki had an idea that is working well for us. I had a piece of plywood about five feet long. She suggested I just buy a package of stick on furniture glides. I got a package of 16 for ten bucks. I spread those around the underside of the plywood. I have loaded a crate full of sewer fittings, another box of miscellaneous items, and a rather heavy 110v compressor on that plywood. I cut "handles" in each end. This plywood slides easily. The only real drawback is if I pull the plywood out very far I need to unload the part that has no support under it. Heavier plywood would eliminate that problem.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:34 AM   #29
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have the old style 3400RL and as Sue mentioned, "more plumbing pipes in the way". Depending on how much room it takes up in the new floorplans, I might get it again. At the moment I would not order it again.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have plumbing pipes hanging 2 inches below the basement storage rafters. I would like to see this plumbing be between the rafters. Then I could put some hangers from the rafters and store some things there, like my extending sewer supports (the white half round ones.. I have two), the folding ladder, brooms and carwash wands, etc.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #31
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
As some of you may know, I have a few tools, the tray is a must in my opinion, (for me) as I have all my toolboxes set on it, I just slide it from either end and grab the box I need.
The tray end serves as a work table as well. everyone has a different lifestyle and different cargo needs, but heavy items are accessed nicely on the tray. I found my Sears air compressor fit on there as well, but Sue looked at me and asked, do you really need another source of air? (At least she didn't say hot air.) So, I left it at home.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote