Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2018, 06:05 AM   #1
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Montana Owner Question

Ok so this is our First Montana but not first RV, and I am trying to put together a list of spare parts to carry in case something goes wrong on the road.

I have spare screws, wires, plumbing clamps, Pex Pipe, wood filler and glue.

My question is since we own a new 3121RL which is this models first year, what seems to break or go wrong often on Montana’s we have the 3-Year warranty and we all know these always have some sort of issues.

We already had the galley grey valve go bad 5 weeks into ownership so I may carry an extra grey valve handle and wire just in case so I can fix either of the three tanks releases.

Just looking for a list of things that seem to go awry with Montana’s as we have all the most common spare parts, fuses, wires lap sealant, caulk, eternabond tape etc.

I have been checking the whole unit every time we leave for a trip, when we are on the road, and when we leave to come back home.

I am thinking of getting a lug post in case one of the ones on either wheel happen to break off bc I know they are not common parts auto parts stores carry.

Any input would be helpful, but not sure if this is normal but we have had some quality control issues with our unit especially the blinds not working, I have been fixing most of the stuff but have to get parts from Keystone so it will be going in for warranty replacement blinds soon and my new Road Armor Pin Box is so Rusted it looks like it is 30 years old so Keystone will be replacing it in a few weeks.

Thanks in Advance and any tips would be appreciated.
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote