Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
Montana_5964
Established Member

M.O.C. #5964
3000RK Hide a bed - Recliner Chairs

Just picked up a new 2006 3000RK last Saturday. Traded a small 18ft. toy hauler and now feel like we will be staying in the Taj Mahal.
We were originally looking at the 2980 but changed our minds when we found out that the 2980 only came with a jack knife couch and not a hide a bed. Now that we have the 3000RK home I am loving it except for having to move the recliner chairs all the way back to the window in order to fold the hide a bed down. These chairs are bulky and not always easy to move. Also, when the sofa bed is not folded down I can't seem to get the chairs in the right position without hitting the kitchen counter and end table when swiveling the chairs. We also have to position the chairs far away from the window so not to destroy the window shades when rocking. Does anyone that owns a 3000RK have any recommendations on how to better position the chairs and is there and easy way to move them?
We will be taking a one week trip to Colorado the end of this month so that we can get out of the 113 degree Arizona heat. Can't wait.

Montana_5964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
homendn
Established Member

M.O.C. #6008
Send a message via ICQ to homendn Send a message via Yahoo to homendn
Hello!! The wife and I looked at the 3000Rk and the biggest reason we did not buy one was the hideabed and recliner issue. We now are waiting for our 3295RK. Can't wait!! Anyway - I found a lot of good information, believe it or not, on the Everest owners web site. Ironically enough the recliners are a BIG topic over there. Wish I were better at this forum I would paste a link. I just Googled Everest owners and it popped right up.

Hope this helps!
homendn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
dpalmer

first, welcome to the MOC

second, don't be afraid to swing that furniture around, take a chair out, put the couch where the chairs would go, move the table around,

if you read the forum and search the archives you will find a lot of us move things around

I am not familiar enough with your model to advise particulars, just don't be afraid to try it, course, ya gotta be careful after swinging things around to be sure the slides close with out wacking something

Have fun, let us know what you decide to do.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome and congratulations on the new Montana. Can't help you with the furniture arranging, but I'm sure someone with a 3000RK will be along soon with their thoughts. Safe travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
dpalmer
We have the 3400 and have switched sofa and chairs. Before we did it we laid down some yarn on the spots the slide end up when closed. Any marker would due, just happend to have some yarn handy. Then we switched them. We ended up with an arrangement we really like and much better TV viewing. We don't use the hide a bed for a bed but it will still work should we ever need to.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:05 AM   #6
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Hi ! We got our 3000RK last September! I love your description - the Taj Mahal ! Does yours have the "new" things - nose cap, cedar closet, etc...?

Yes, the chairs are big and bulky and sometimes a pain the *** but they are SO comfy! Dano is more of a couch potato and I am the only one who sits in the chairs. I didn't really like sitting in the one by the door, and I have a few marks on the kitchen counter from sitting in the other. Friend's children have jumped into the chairs before and I just held my breath after yelling "NOOO..... !!!" LOL The big window is tougher than I imagined it to be.

I do all the inside stuff when we go somewhere and so I'm the one who has been having to move them back and forth. Cause you have to move them to sit in them & have to move them back when the slides come in or to put the sofa bed out. I've gotten alot better at moving them, at 1st I just couldn't do it, it was stupid LOL, but I've learned how to bear hug 'em just right and now it's not so bad.

Last weekend, we took out one of the chairs & the little table and put it in the brick house and added 2 bar stools by the counter. What a huge difference it made in the space! The one chair now sits about where the little table was. I don't mind moving it as much now because it's so much easier to enjoy with just one, plenty of room to stretch out, and it's also neat to "sit at the bar".

Was getting last minute things ready last night for our camping adventure this weekend (we brought the Monty with us to our store!) and I stood there looking at the 1 chair and 2 bar stools wondering how these were going to stay put now that the chairs won't be back to back! Moved the 1 chair to its spot and put the stools together laying down up against the chair, & strapped it all together hooking it to the things on the floor, which by the way seem to be always right in the way of where I want the chair bottom to sit. Checked it this morning when we got here and the chair had not gone thru the window.

When we took our vacation in May, if we weren't staying longer than 2 days, the chairs stayed strapped in because it wasn't worth it to move them. We were outside most of the time anyway. One night though, I just unhooked the chair by the counter to watch tv.

Where in Colorado are you going? I grew up in Longmont. I miss "my" mountains and I'm still am a Bronco fan - can't help it! Enjoy your trip! Sorry about the long post!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Homendn, you can include a link by just copying the link from your browser and pasting it into your post. Edit/Paste or Ctrl-v. Nothing else is needed.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
Montana_5964
Established Member

M.O.C. #5964
Lisa,

Ours has the new cap but no cedar closet. I was already thinking of putting in one bar stool at the end of the counter. Pulling out 1 chair and putting in two bar stools sounds like a great idea. My husband is usally the couch potato and I prefer the comfy chair. I think I'll wait until we get back from the first trip to see if he prefers the couch over the chair.

You sound like me. I do all the inside stuff and my husband does the outside stuff. I have been loading and organizing the inside everynight this week when I get home from work and my husband hasn't even loaded one thing in the basement yet. Hope he's not waiting for the weather to cool down because we will never make it out of Arizona. I expect I'll hear him loading things at 5:00 tomorrow morning.

We are going to Taylor Park up by Gunnison for a week. Can't wait to get out of this heat.
Hope you have a great camping adventure this weekend.

Montana_5964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Denise, It is so beautiful there. We're going to have to get together one of these days, we'd have a blast I'm sure! We're getting ready to leave as soon as I long out of this computer!!!!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote