Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2004, 11:35 AM   #1
Montana_773
Established Member

M.O.C. #773
Quality Control & Customer Info

I am on my second Montana. The first was a 2850, the new one is a 2955. My first unit had some quality control issues which I asumed that would be unique to that unit. However, I find that the new unit has similar problems. The list of issues with the 2850 are too long to go into here, (One of which was a gas leak!) but here are a few on the new unit.
1.Mounting screws in the moldings and cabinets are all inserted crooked. Leaves the heads exposed at odd angles. Sloppy!
2. All of a sudden the furnace starts sounding like a grinding wheel in the middle of the night. Turns out there are metal chips caused by drilling holes that are flying around in there getting caught up in the squirrel cage fan. Sloppy installation. Wires stretched over sharp corners also! Screws left on floor, wire clippings ect.
3. Opened the cover of the power converter to check fuse labeling. Found a loose screw that was left over in sloppy installation and left floating around the base in the wireing. Great for blowing fuses etc. and could be dangerous.
4. Cabinet door latches malfunction and stick in the open position. Cabinets won't stay closed.
5. Outside awning will not fully retract. Hardware doesn't match up and leaves the support channel units in a bow and canvas is extended just enough to catch dirt and crud.
It would be helpful if complete wireing and plumbing diagrams were included with the unit. I know the standard answer is take the unit to a dealer for repairs but that doesn't cut it when dealers are closed or not available.
In my view if Keystone is claiming to be the best and charges the price they should improve their quality.

Montana_773 is offline   Reply With Quote