Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Disney World

It was great seeing so many MOCers at the Tampa Mini Rally yesterday. I start working at Disney World Tuesday. Dave and Cheryl Sprik had given us enough info to get started. Carol said that I would fit right in as Goofy but, since that was taken, I will work elsewhere. We have been camping in the North Area of Orlando for a while now but it is over an hour to Disney from here. Today we reserved a space in Mouse Mountain in Davenport. It is about 20 minutes to Disney, so much better. We are near Dave and Cheryl and Rich and Helen so we will not be surrounded by strangers. Tonight we had tornado warnings and at home it is to be single digits. What a contrast.

boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Just 4 more MOCers and you could have the seven dwarfs!!! :-)

Or one more person and you could go as couples and double your income.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:21 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Jim, enjoy your new playground at Disney World. If you are Goofy, make sure you have good padding. The kids get kinda rough sometime. Enjoy those nice "bennies" you get while being there.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
At 6'2", 250 #s, I would have a little bit of a hard time fitting into one of Disney's dwarf costumes... I'll keep my Epcot Park Greeter position - a lot more fun. All the perks a great, though, Jim - no matter what you do.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
I am getting more pumped each day that it gets closer to starting. Wayne - if we bring our grandkids down to join us, we could start a football team, Dennis - I don't have to play Goofy, I am naturally goofy, and Dave - thanks, again. We both are looking forward to enjoying some of these perks and bennies that we hear of.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50

Could you be kind enough to list some of the perks, just curious and something we would like to have done.
Thanks Jon
Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:09 AM   #7
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Good luck with the new Disney experience. We are wintering about 15 minutes from you, on 27 just north of Hines City and are loving it. Dave and Cheryl are the best Disney ambassadors you could want. They introduced us to the exciting area and really should be on the Orlando payroll for conducting tourist visits! Say hi to Mickey for us!
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:50 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen got a job at Disney..she starts today.. I choose not to. She is very exicted... so am I.She will be in food service in the Magic Kingdom, Tomorrow land. I will stay home and Bird sit.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 AM   #9
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
richfaa, you are a smart man. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #10
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Rich I thought you were going to drive a bus down there. Are you guys going to RAyne, La for the retiree rally.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
After I saw the traffic down here there is no way I would drive in it and they are way to demanding. We had to opt out of Rayne this year ..
Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #12
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Id imagine disney will be a wonderful experience. Our friends daughter is a character there, it turns out if youre not petite and shorter than 5'2" you cant be a character. She says its hot the visibility is poor and the kids are rough which is why if you look around theres always a handler nearby to assist the person in the costume.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is a wonderful experience for folks like us who really do not need the job and do it for the "experience" and the many perks.It may well be a much different story for folks who try to live off the low wage salary. It is a wonderful experience for the visitor to the Disney parks.Helen will work here for the rest of this year and we will both, hopefully work there next year for the "experience and perks" then we will move on.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #14
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
This may not be "on topic" for working at Disney, but for those of you who are working there maybe you can provide some insights for me...tomorrow very good friends are arriving from Coranado, CA with their three children (range in age from 6 -11). As they are very familiar with Disneyland they've "opted out" of going there during their stay, but are interested in Epcot and the other Disney "off shoots" (names escape me at the moment). Based upon your experience would you be so kind to share some ideas/suggestions as to what to see/do, what to avoid, best place(s) to eat, etc. (In the past, we've made reservations for the latest lunch seating at Norway (I think...its late, I'm tired, the countries are blending together.) and taken advantage of the buffet...this way we can eat a healthy breakfast before entering the park and eat dinner when we get home (IF we are hungry). Any helpful hints/ideas would be appreciated!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 AM   #15
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Hi Robin - I have worked at Disney World since late January but it is also my very first visit to Disney. Carol and I have been to all of the parks at least once, except for Epcot, so we know nothing about it. The one thing that I do know is that this is Spring Break and all of the parks are extremely loaded with people and busy. The lines are long. All of the parks are great for kids but I believe that Magic Kingdom is the place to take the kids (of all ages) first because this is where the magic seems the most prevalent. The kids will love the atmosphere and you will really enjoy the Hall of Presidents. Animal Kingdom is great.
You can take a Safari ride through a similated African land that is full of live animals from the Dark Continent. Our ride was slowed by an inquisitive Ostrich that stopped in the road right in front of us to get a better peek at us. While here you must see "It's tough being a bug" a 3D presentation that you will not believe how real and close the characters seem to be to you. Disney Hollywood Studios is a fantastic place where you can see how Indiana Jones did a lot of his trickery in his films. It also has has an attraction that shows how Hollywood does its stunt driving stunts in the movies. There are meet the characters spots in each park where the kids can meet Micky, Goofy, The Power Rangers, etc up close and personal. Sorry I can't tell you about Epcot but maybe someone else will come along and tell you about it. Carol lived in California many years ago and had attended Disneyland. She was amazed at how much more this place was than Disneyland. If I can be of more help, please e-mail or PM and I will try. (Carol says that I am very trying) - Jim
Old 03-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #16
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Robin, as Jim mentioned above, the parks are very full right now and the lines are long. Epcot is where I work. I don't believe that getting any reservations right now will be easy. The Land and the Seas pavilions have good food. The kids will want to go to the Seas in any event to see Nemo.

The World Showcase is great for adults, but may be a little boring for the kids - except for the Mexico and Norway countries, where they have rides the kids would enjoy. Spaceship Earth (the Big Ball) is also a great attraction. If the kids like dinosaurs, then the Energy with Ellen show is great. If you like a little more adventurous rides, then Mission Space and Test Track will straighten your hair out.

You will need a GOOD pair of walking shoes. If you spend all day in one park - like Epcot - you easily put several miles on your feet. My suggestion would be to go in the morning at 8-8:30 and wait for the park to open at 9. Then go in and get fast passes - "Soaring" in the Land is the most popular right now.

My BEST recommendation is to go in the morning for ~4 hrs, then go back to the hotel/resort for a nap (seriously) then get up and hit the park again around 4 or so. Epcot closes at 9 pm every night - except for Tue & Thu for resort guests only they will stay open until 1 am. All parks run on different schedules on different days, so you will have to check for these.

There are tons of different things to do in Epcot and all the parks. It would take me 4-5 pages here to list everything. Something neither of us wants.

Also, right now, the Guess Who are currently playing at the American Theater. 5:45, 7:00 and 8:15. You will need to have someone in line about an hour early and I would suggest the first show as they will let the audience in sooner to sit down. Paul Revere and the Raiders start next Tue. All shows are free (with your admission to Epcot, of course).

At the back gate entrance there is a boat that will take you to Hollywood Studios (where Jim works). Many, many things to see and do.

Rich's (Richfaa) wife Helen works at Magic Kingdom, as does Jim (JimnJulie).

I know the kids would also thoroughly enjoy Animal Kingdom, as Jim mentioned above.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen is at the Magic Kingdom and it is a zoo at this time of year.Dave and Jim gave very good advise.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:43 AM   #18
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
One other piece of advice - preventative medicine: Before leaving the hotel/resort in the morning for any of the parks, get the bandaid box out and put them on ALL of your blister prone areas of your feet - even with good shoes. You will thank me for that tip, trust me. I work the front gate and I cannot tell you the number of people that leave the parks after a few hours (to all day) limping...
Old 03-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #19
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Thank you all for the great advise and information! This will be of great help in the decision making process for our friends. It was a "given" for the crowds so no surprises there. Fortunately, our friends have LOADS of common sense and don't push themselves or the kids to "do" everything and then wind up being miserable for the overload to bodies, minds, and spirits. Focus is on having fun and working within the children's tolerances/needs. I forgot about Nemo and the Bugs Life sounds pretty cool too. I agree about the "interest" factor in Epcot as far as the country pavilons go and doing the "front" of Epcot would likely be the most fun/interest to the family as a whole and "doable" in one or two days (they are getting seven day passes). The Animal Kingdom is something I've not previously gotten any first hand feedback on so the insights there are appreciated. (Are ostriches eyelashes as long as they look in the cartoons? LOL)

Again thank you for the help and quick responses (OBTW (oh by the way) Bandaids were among the first thing packed for today's foray to Wet 'n Wild. They are actually a requirement when you are out and about with three active, fearless children!)

Take care!
Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:08 AM   #20
Ruth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8424
We are coming to Mouse Mountain tomorrow. Our granddaughter is going to cheer in a competition at the Wild World of Sports on Friday. We'll be there 3 nights. Hope to see some of you we met at the Montana Rally. Ruth
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote