Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
What I'd tell Keystone

This goes back to one of my original thoughts; where's the "prints". You never build anything without prints. Prints allows everyone to be on the same page. Everyone then knows where to go, what to look for, and finally how to fix it. When this last step is completed the prints then are updated. Keystone needs to step into to the real world on building. Drop the gimmick of "old world craftsman" and start making a better attempt of producing quality products.

I've not had any major problems as others. I did see a water line that may prove to need tightening before it becamoes a problem. But as I continue to dream about longer or extended trips I also look at other rvs. These rvs may be apples to oranges but I don't know if I would buy another Montana if I were to use it as others are. Full time or Long Time. I would want better, safer (frame flex), and no bull such as "we've never seen that or we've never heard that". Don't insult my knowledge. This attempt to pass the buck is going to cost Keystone their position in the RV market. State the facts fix the problems. Charge for your product. Make a profit. This seems to be my take on business as it should be. This is how we do business and we keep going.

The following is just one example of many posted here on the forum.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

Lippert was going to talk to Keystone about placement....
Granted this may be all hype. It was on-the-spot engineering by those guys, but it does make some sense that if the strip does not have room to fold properly, it would put improper stress on the area that is cracking/breaking. The other side just lays against the frame when closed.

Every one of the broken/cracked strips I saw at the rally measured to indicate improper placement, i.e., too far forward. If this bears out to be true, then Keystone has an assembly problem rather than a design problem.

lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
BillE
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2594
I have one word to say...AGREE!!!!!

Bill
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:07 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are talking about the Rv industry here... Quality and workmanship are NOT job one. I don't know what I would look at for a Full timing or long timing camper. They are mostly all built within a 30 or so mile radius of Elkhart , Ind. They use the same vendors, the same archaic assembly line methods and most importantly draw from the same workforce.You need to see it to fully understand the problem. There may be 'old world craftsmen" on the job but they can not utilize their skills under the Assembly line conditions present. IMO none of them are completely suitable for full time or long time use. After 17 months of 3400 ownership and upgrading we feel we are about as good as we can get.. Go over to Rv net open roads forum where ALL brands and price ranges are discussed and you will hear the same problems across the board..It is a industry wide problem...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
I agree with what Rich said. Montana=Good bang for the buck.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I deliver rv's for a transport company in Goshen, IN. I find that very few dealers really check over an rv when it is delivered to the dealership. When I arrive at the dealership I sometimes have to search for someone to check in the rv. When somone shows up they really make me feel that they don't want to do the check in. I have had some tell me just unhook the rv, it's ok. The only dealership that went over the rv was one by Longmount,CO. a large dealership with one person who is in charge of check in. This guy spent hours going over the rv. He hooked it up to water. He hooked it up to lp. ran the furnace, range and hot water heater. He did the AC. To make this short he has the check in sheet from the manufactur and said that if you do not list all of the defects, they will continue to ship rv's with lots of problems. I send this check list back to the transport co. which sends it back to the manufactur. This guy was amazing, he new his job. To make this short if all dealers had a check in system , you would see fewer problems with your rv. because the manufactures has to pay the dealer to fix all the problems that the dealer finds. The problems are not sent to the buyer.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote