Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
snow
Established Member

M.O.C. #434
ViewSonic TV

Hi, I got a 27" ViewSonic Tv (High-Defition) in my Montana 3075, problem was , couldn,t get any HD channels in the 5th wheel sitting in my driveway, but OTA (over-the-air) antenna for my house was getting 7 HD channels.
Called the Montana factory and talked to a rep....basically told me that it was in the walls and that way n couldn,t be changed; also said it was the only TV they could get to fit the hole that was not analog. So, I asked, why does the dealer advertise it as HD-Tv when its not.....said they were not sure, and that they were trailer people and not TV people. Hmmmm, said ok, u are not TV people, but i,m not buying your story.
Called Weingard Antenna factory and asked if my antenna would receice HD transmissions....he checked, and said that it would get HD with no problem.
Got my nerd computer friend (only I can get away with that) took the back off....seen the antenna-in splitter 1-in and 2 out, one to TV; one to receiver.....another in-slot on TV for HD below regular tv inlet.
Off to Radio Shack, bought a splitter with 1-in; and 3-out; bought a 3-foot coxial cable and installed new splitter and new cable (splitter to TV)...walaaa...tv was on auto-search looking for HD channels......found 7 channels, just like the house.
Had to use the function key on the remote to get to (AUX) and it comes in great. Picture quality, is awesome.
Montana people almost had it right, i,ll give them some credit...but they didn,t help figure this out.
Anyway, if you have this problem, don,t give up, u maybe able to get it too. That is, if they are broadcasting it in your area. If not, your mobile and may get it elsewhere.
Now that I have bored you, i,m going back to channel-7.

George & Joan Berlinger
Lapeer, Michigan
2007 Chevy 2500 HD SB
Duramax-Diesel
6 Speed Allision
2007 Montana 3075
16K Husky Slider-Hitch
TrailAir Pin Box

snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Just remember to use RG6 cables for your RF plumbing - quad shielded is the best for this purpose.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Thanks snow. That answered a question I posed awhile back and never got answered - if my TV has both an analog and an HD tuner whether or not a splitter on the stock antenna with a lead going to each tuner would result in both HD and analog pictures depending on the tuner selection with the remote. I think that's what you just said the fix was, right?
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote