Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
TrailAir Pin Box ????

Ok, decided to purchase a TrailAir air ride pin box. After looking at the TrailAir website, I found that I needed to identify my existing pin box. I called my dealer, they didn’t have a clue, but gave me a number at Keystone. Keystone does not have customer service on Saturday or Sunday…and I need to schedule this soon…..aaarrrggghhhh!

My pin box does not have any markings, so I used the application guide that TrailAir supplied on their website and found that after taking some measurements I think I have a Lippert 1716 (?). TrailAir part number L07.

So, I then called a CW in Oregon to find out when it could be installed. Well, CW said they didn’t carry that product any longer, but they could special order it.

This leaves me with several questions for the forum.

Is there a reason that CW doesn’t carry this pin box anymore? …something wrong with it? Is there a different pin box that I could purchase instead of TrailAir? Any recommendations? I couldn’t find anything on the CW website that resembled the air ride.

For my 2980RL, have I properly identified the current pin box?

Thanks in advance for your help.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Robbie,
Sounds like a good Lippert number. My 2003 2955LR is tagged with LIPP1621 which crosses to a L05.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I think that it is rare that CW would have the proper TrailAir pin box. There are several different models. When we had ours installed, we ordered it from the factory and had it shipped to the dealer of our choice, who then installed it. Didn't take long. Actually we were on our way to Alaska and stopped in Iowa to have it installed. We were happy that we did.

I'll get more info on the model number when Glen gets back home.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Our pinbox had a tag on it. Had a TrailAir for over a year and been very happy with it.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
cs413
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3354
I have had a Trailair since buying the Monty in March of 05. It is an excellent product and well worth the money. We have a rear kitchen and never once had any dishes or anything else disturbed in the trailer. I actually talked with Trailair back in March of 05 to get some info on their product and they are very nice people to talk to and deal with which was the deciding factor for me.
There was a problem between them and CW but I can't remember what it was. CW did sell them at one time. I think it might have been a pricing issue, but I just can't remember. But just because CW doesn't carry it does not mean it's an inferior product. Give them a call, they are very pleasant and will give any info you need. You can buy directly from them or one of their dealers. They charge the same to buy direct because they do not want to undersell their dealers which I can respect. I bought mine from the Monty dealer and let him install it. I could have done it, but if there is one thing you want to get right it's the pin and hitch.

Curt
cs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:08 AM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I am not sure of your size pin box that is needed, but you can call TrailAir, give them your model number and they can tell your exactly what size you need. I had mine sent to the dealer who installed it for me. Well worth the investment.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote