Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Wintering in Conroe, Texas

Anyone wintering on Lake Conroe? we will be there in December and hopefully staying there all winter. Hopefully the rates are not too high. This is our first year fulltiming and am really ready to hit the road. Leaving Wisconsin November 26th for Branson for a week, then Conroe.

Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:32 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Rog,

Shirley's home is Magnolia in Montgomery County. Texas. Conroe is the county seat. I first went to Magnolia exactly 55 years ago to be pastor of the Methodist Church there. Shirley and I married 5 years later.

Let us know exactly where you will be staying. We have spent several nights at Haven's Landing which is not right on the lake and near the town of Montgomery, Texas.

We are planning a trip to Magnolia in just a couple of weeks. That will be before you arrive, but maybe we can cross paths in the future.

We were in Branson exactly one year ago. We were there for the first week of the Christmas shows. We had a great time. Hope you will enjoy the week there. And welcome to Texas! and Montgomery County!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Thanks for your reply..Don't know exactly where yet. My sister lives in Spring, Parents are Buried in Montgomery County, and we are looking for new roots, my parents and sister were transplants from Minnesota, and I held out as long as possible because I had a good paying career here. We love the water, and am looking for a nice park on the water, if that's possible. My sister has visited a few parks, and most seem nice by what she has said. Hope to meet both you and your wife in the near future. Have fun in Magnolia! It's 20 degrees here tonight, and hope the hose doesn't freeze too hard! The Monty is nice and toasty. Been going though 30lbs of propane a week!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
We spent a weekend at Haven's Landing in Montgomery for the "Fire On The Strings" Bluegrass Festival this past May. It is a very nice CG. If you have the chance, check it out. You might want to spend some time there.

David and Shirley....congrats on the 50 years of marriage.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Sounds like Haven's Landing is the place to be!!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks Rog and Charlie.

Charlie, after I wrote that post, I realized my arithmetic was incorrect--or my history was. So,I'd better set the record straight. It was EXACTLY 54 years ago (Fall of 1952) that I first came to Magnolia.

Now 5 years later would be 1957 which is the year Shirley and I married--NEXT June we will have been married 50 years!

What I was doing was thinking of 2007 as our anniversary year which led me to saying "exactly 55 years ago".

Hope this clears up the arithmetic and the history.

Charlie, we enjoyed being with you in the Valley last year and maybe we will meet there again. Rog, we will hope to meet in Montgomery County before too long.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #7
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
David-
I don't trust my memory to arithmetic, sure am glad someone invented a calculator. Glad that you clarified your dates, however now you and Shirley can look forward to a great celebration.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #8
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Roger, I don't know if you already have a CG located for your Branson Stay? If not you might check out Compton RIdge CG in Branson, it's the Camp Ground MOCer's are going to have thieir spring get togeather in May at. The CG is said to be very nice www.comptonridge.com check it out. Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #9
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
We stayed last winter at Sunset Shores campground - located right on Lake Conroe. It is a truly beautiful campground and costs $375/mo. The CG is immaculate, gated for security, and the folks are great. - check it out.
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote