Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #21
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
When we got our 2955RL we had been looking at the Cedar Creek. At the time, we had a Wildcat made by Forest River. It was a 2002, 30 ft. Problem here was 15 inch tires.
They are to small for that trailer. Forest River disagreed. For all the problems we had with the trailer, Forest River (thru Dusty's RV in Bartow, Fl.) treated us very well.
Our hangup with the Cedar Creek was the small TV did not fit the big hole in the wall.
Really looked bad and they did not have a good answer for it. The Montana dealership is in Pinellas Park and closer to home. Suncoast RV with manager Jim Fisher has treated us well. We love our 2955RL. Just another opinion. Have a Good One. Dick & Nell

deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #22
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Well, I'm pretty new here on the monty forum, but DW and I have fulltimed since oct 1998. An we did it in a Allegro Bay DP, 37 ft an we bought the Allegro (Tiffin motorhome) because first we liked the unit and the set up, but Mostly we chose Allegro because Bob Tiffin an his family, not because their units are bullit proof, but because they will and did back their units anywhere , any time. Now in the past month we have sold the Allegro an purchased a 2004 2980RL, it has everything we need, fits our needs, 3 slides, BUT...we chose Montana because of the reputation of the dearler, and of Keystone , just as we did with the Allegro. Like you we also had the opportunity to purchase a 2004 cedar creek that was like new an had never been tagged. But I had serveral e-mails that changed my mind on the cedar creek. plus a friend in Texas has a cedar creek an will never own another. Not because it had some problems but because he could not get it serviced an repaired like it should. As far as a hugh fridge, lol, theres a Wally world in ever town! even 2 or 3 so resuppling the fridge no problem for us. Just my 2 cents worth LOl good luck on either of your choices!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:14 AM   #23
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
Meet some folks with a new Cedar Creek in Yuma last winter and I though it was a nice looking rig,but could not believe all of the trouble they were having with it.They had brake trouble on the way to Yuma,elect.troubles,AC quite working and the straps broke on the holding tanks.
They spent two weeks at the factory this summer but still continue to have problems.I am sure not all of them are this bad but I would really have to think twice before buying one.
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #24
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
GQ,

When I was 5 my parents loaded us into a horrible blue station wagon, drove 5 hours and made us sleep in tents.
When I was 10 we moved up to a pickup camper. This was not as bad as the tent, but close with 3 kids.
When I was in high school we finally got a Terry Taurus Travel Trailer. I thought I was in heaven. It leaked on the front corners but I didn't care it wasn't the bed of a pickup.
Now I have a Montana Mountaineer and trust me this thing is built well. I have had to stay in enough junkers to know better quality when it slaps me in the face. Montana is the Cadillac of RV's...and no I am not a RV Salesman.
Okie Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote