Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Yup... they do. Where you see the Montana name they are decals. We had our's replaced on the front cap last year. I will say with the full body paint when the front cap was off since it was 2 toned it looked pretty good. Ours was paid for repair and placement so we went with putting it back on. If they come off we will just leave it naked with the full body paint. We do keep ours inside most of the time when not in use. We are hopeful that will help extend the life.

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #22
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
Dave,

Just bad luck for you, I think... or too much sea water..?

My 2005's decals are still in good shape with no peeling. I just have all those little "souvenirs" stuck all over it (it's hard to dodge those little guys on the highway).
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #23
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
As some know I replaced mine 2 yrs ago and clearcoated the front cap at that time and they still look great. I sprayed over the back cap last march the graphics were just begining to start at the edges. I don't know how long they will last mine lasted 4yrs from the factory but the front cap started looking alittle bad after about 2. BTW I sprayed mine in my back yard for about 200$ worth of mat each. I am not telling everyone to do this just that its not that hard a job and the thought is you can't clear over them so we'll see if mine hold up I sure hope so. JMHO.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #24
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
2007 here and the "Montana" name decals started peeling a couple of years ago. Now the others are brittle and peeling too. I have purposely waited and kept an eye on these threads to see if the replacement graphics are any better. I am wondering if Dave's problem is just the first in the replacement graphics to start failing and we will see more? I hate the thought of going to the effort to replace all the graphics just to be in the same position in a couple of years again but the 5er is starting to look like crap so I will need to do something soon.

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #25
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
The question is, is Keystone looking for a new graphics provider. This graphics peeling is always a topic. I sold my 2004 Mountaineer and the graphics looked good and I waxed them ever since I purchased it new. I hope the graphics on this 2011 repo Mountaineer last as long.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Phil, the replacement graphics on ours lasted less than 3 years before they started peeling.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #27
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
When we get a new rig we have already decided to go with Rich's idea and get one that is plain white - no paint and no decals. Then, we'll get it painted with what we want, etc. at a paint shop in New Paris, IN.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #28
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
In Iowa, I think, the campground host ordered his Montana w/o decals because of the problems he had with his previous Montana. He just left it white and it looked like a FEMA trailer. It was a 3400 and this was about 2 years ago. We love our Montana and I don't see getting rid of it because of a cosmetic problem. Once I get these decals replaced, if I have a problem, I'll probably go the FEMA route.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote