Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
PartyCrashers....... chippino potluck on Saturday night. Non fish eaters fend for themselves.
Bring the dog zapper, we'll try it out on all our dogs.

See you at the "Bodega Bay mini-mini" MOC rally.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #22
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Dog zapper came in the mail....we are (Playing)testing it now....Don't worry it is the first thing I am packing...

Chippino soup!? What no poodle soup!? Hope this thing works!

I am looking forward to this Bodega Bay get together. Can't wait to go see the "hippies".

Until then, Denise
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #23
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
In the park we are right now the other host had a problem with there dog barking and jumping up on people...they purchased a bark collar and no longer have the problem of barking or jumping up on people.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #24
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Update on those barking dogs.

First of all got the new Ultrasonic unit.

Yes it does make a difference. We don't use it all the time.

I have tried it in the house....

First of let me explain, my trouble maker Nikki also has the habit of watching the television. She will whine and jump at the television when something exciting comes on or a animal is on the television.

I have tried a few ideas to break her of this....nothing has really worked.

Except now with the Ultrasonic, when set it by the television....now after a few days we do not have it on, but I noticed she NOW responds if I say "Nikki no!" Before she ignored me.

Now as for this weekend in the trailer....

Camping was calm and relaxing as it has been in the past. Both dogs seemed really calm. I am even more sure and I think the display my two gave at the Lake Siskiyou campground was because of the motorcycles....Their behavior was so different...more like the norm for them.

We did use the Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent when we left the trailer and the usual little whining for 5 minutes that my two would do when I left the trailer did not even happen once. So I would say this unit works.

No barking dogs makes me a Happy Camper. (well my dogs not barking)
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #25
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Interesting. I read this thread when the first post was made and thought how lucky we were that we had never experienced the barking-dog situation. And then . . . you know it . . . we had a first-hand learning experience.

We were parked for a night last week in Oregon at the Port of Newport Marina and RV Park on Yaquina Bay, and a barking dog (a "yip yip yipper," actually) was in the rig directly in front of us. Although the spaces were big and the drives through the park were wide, we could clearly hear the yipping in our rig. Here's the kicker: Even though the owners were gone for at least 2 hours and the dog yipped without much of a break during those hours, we weren't especially bothered by the noise. It was irritating at first, but then we felt bad for the dog. Although we know for sure the owners were gone at least 2 hours, because we had an eye on the clock at first, wondering how long the yipping would continue, we finally got interested in a movie and didn't realize the owners had returned and the yipping had stopped. Had we been trying to sleep, I'm sure we wouldn't have been so laid-back about the constant noise.

The RV park, like many we've stayed in on this trip, had no management on the premises after 5:30 PM, so there wasn't anyone to complain to, even if we'd wanted to do so. I'm sure we could have found an emergency number somewhere, but since it wasn't bedtime and because we also own dogs (who don't travel with us yet, however), we just wished the owners would return so that the poor little dog left behind would be happy and quiet again.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #26
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We're lucky, we don't have any dogs that bark or need to be walked in the mornings and evenings....We don't carry extra toys or treats, and there is never a need to carry dog food. We don't have a need for dog collars. We never have to apologize for our dogs being off the leash, or for jumping up on other people's clothing.....and we never have to say "don't worry, he won't bite"......and we never have to stick our hands into a plastic bag to pick up after our friend.

We often wonder, which is the master, and which is the pet?

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

We're lucky, we don't have any dogs that bark or need to be walked in the mornings and evenings....We don't carry extra toys or treats, and there is never a need to carry dog food. We don't have a need for dog collars. We never have to apologize for our dogs being off the leash, or for jumping up on other people's clothing.....and we never have to say "don't worry, he won't bite"......and we never have to stick our hands into a plastic bag to pick up after our friend.

We often wonder, which is the master, and which is the pet?

Half of the "stuff" in our Monty belongs to the cats, Miss Kitty & Matt Dillon and yes, they are our masters and we wouldn't have it any other way!
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote