Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2006, 12:48 AM   #21
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Dusty, he is cute! My daughter has one that is a bit darker and it to is a big cat! He will probably settle in soon for you.

Kathy

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:17 AM   #22
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I think when this one gains a little weight he will be bigger than Nino. Nino is a big cat too. He weighs 19 pounds and I think this new kitty will be well over 20.

He is now using his litter box. Thankfully.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:02 AM   #23
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Beautiful kitty - when we take ours in the truck, he is on a leash so as not to get in trouble (under the driver's feet, for instance),we also have his litter box in the back seat and his food and water - the first time we took him he was so nervous - our vet suggested a homeopathic concoction called "Anxiety" that works quite well except that if you decide to hold him in your lap to reassure him be sure to have a waterproof pad between him and you - (personal experience!) I usually only give him the Anxiety the first day - after that he is OK -

In the rig we usually put his litter box in the shower - it's not too much trouble to take it in and out when we shower -

Took him to my daughter's who is allergic to cats so she bought him a little two child tent ($15. at WallyWorld) big enough for him, his food and water, his litter box, and his pet carrier - set it up in the spare bedroom - he wasn't too happy for those 3 days but he survived and so did she!
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #24
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Would you post a picture of him? Would like to see him. Our Nino is a great traveling cat. He has been doing it with us for about 4 years. Never had to medicate him.

This new kitty ... don't know how he will handle it.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #25
haslcs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6202
Dusty that is one pretty cat. we love cats. but my wife is allergic to them. we had cats for ten years before we found out she was allergic to them. now we just have a dog who loves to travel.
haslcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:29 AM   #26
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Would love to post a pic of Murphy, but along with not knowing how, probably don't have the necessary equipment! He wieghs 8-10 lbs depending if it is summer or winter (deer season - loves raw venison cut in chunks and cold), has one eye (was a yard cat and got a horrible eye infection as a kitten - couldn't catch him until too late to save the eye) deep gold and white with a big bushy tail - has discovered that living inside is so much more comfortable than the back yard - he will be 6 years old in April -
Old 12-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #27
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Refocused..
Sounds like one tough kitty!

Our cat, Nino, we have had for 4 years, I rescued him. He belonged to a friend and was injured. He couldn't use his back legs. I begged them to let me have him. He was a tiny kitten at the time. I took him to my vet the same day I got him. He didn't have any broken bones but did have some deep puncture wounds on his back from a tom cat or something. Anyway my vet put him on antibiotics and shaved his back and treated those wounds too. I had to do physical therapy on him daily. He healed up and he walks, runs now. He weighs 19 pounds! Big cat. Travels well.

I am allergic to cats too so don't know how I will be able to keep this new kitty. If I have to give him up. I will make sure he gets a good home. I am a sucker for any animal that needs help. One of our Schnauzers, Lucylou, was a rescue.
NinoKat, doesn't bother me too much if he doesn't get in my face. Theo, the new cat has very long hair so don't know how that is going to work with my allergies.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #28
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dustytuu, I, too, will be travelling with a dog (golden retriever, my truck buddy, goes everywhere I go and guards truck for me), plus 2 cats. They have never travelled but both are indoor only cats. My plan was to leave the cats in the monty during road trips. Any advice from you or anyone else for that matter, about doing that?

Thanks

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:34 AM   #29
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We have a kitty, also, but we don't 'have' him as much as we used to. When we were thinking of fulltiming we mentioned to the neighbors that we might give Max to our son up in Illinois. They were nearly horrified at the thought so he's been adopted by the neighborhood. I'm not sure who he belongs to now. Max is an outdoor orange tabby, a stubby version of Morris the cat, and he is a sweetheart. He loves the woods behind our house and seems very thankful to not be taken out of his kingdom.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:56 AM   #30
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Update on new kitty..... With a heavy heart, I had to take him back. Not exactly back where he came from but I found a "no kill" shelter. I took him there and they said I could call and check on him as much as I wanted. And they would tell me when he gets adopted. He was not getting along with our other cat or the dogs. Wasn't fair to him either. He was terrified of the dogs and didn't care much for our other cat either.
I guess we can not have another cat. Our cat gets along well with the dogs because they all grew up together and he is just one of the "dogs". They sleep together, play together and etc.

As far as traveling with our cat. He does great. We do leave him in trailer when we are sight seeing. We take the dogs. He sleeps most of the time while we are gone or finds a window to see out. I do worry about him when we are at a warm climate and we try to not be gone long becaue of fear of losing power.
We always take him on trips. Would never leave home without him. I do remember one time about 2 years ago, when we got ready to go early one morning from home, we had to look for him for about an hour before we could leave. He was sleeping in one of his hiding places.

I use catnip a lot. I make catnip toys for him out of old denim. They last long time and he likes those better than the catnip toys already made.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:10 AM   #31
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Sorry you had to give up the new kitty - the shelter will find the perfect home for him and everyone will be much happier! It depends on the personality of each animal - my Murphy is such a scaredy-cat - hides under the bed when we have company - takes him forever to get to know anyone - I had a yard kitten I had to find a home for (he wasn't afraid of ANYTHING) and the vet tech took him home with her - she has 19 animals at her house and they all get along great - Horses, dogs, cats - some are yard animals and some are house animals, but like she said "if they can't get along, they are out the door!"
Old 12-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #32
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Our Ninokat was a scaredy cat but now he comes out and meets new people. But he doesn't like it when we stop for fuel when traveling. He hides in the litter box, until we are done. It has a cover on it. We keep it clean at all times. Have to do that, on the road, in the truck.