Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
David Brennan
Established Member

M.O.C. #9845
Cablevision Wiring

I have a 2006 2980RLT Montana. I want to install satellite TV. We have two TV's, one in the Bedroom and one in the Livingroom. Does anyone know the cable wiring diagram for our unit. Does the cable run into the unit with a splitter with one wire to the bedroom and one to the livingroom? or does the cable go to the livingroom then to the bedroom. Depending on the configuration I may have to settle for satellite in the livingroom and no TV in the Bedroom???

David Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
Stichwerks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8548
I have a 06 Mountaineer and mine is like most. My floor plan has the tv in one of the slide-outs. The cable goes from the exterior jack to the slide-out where it t's off and goes to the LV tv and the other side goes to the bedroom. I use the line that is factory installed to get my satelite signal to the bedroom and added an additional inlet in the wall that has the tv in the living room. If you do this you must take the wall plate behind the tv off and disconnect the booster and take out the splitter and hook up the line coming in from the street directly to the line going to the bedroom. Then install a new inlet through the exterior of the trailer into the area the tv is at. When you hook up your satelite one line goes to the factory connection and the other to the new inlet you installed.
Hope this helps
Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Do a "Search" on "TV wiring diagram" and you will find numerous postings with the schematic you want.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
David I have a 2009 2980RL and I don't know if the wiring has changed in the three years.

My satellite/cable input comes in from the input connector outside. It goes directly to the upper connector on the dual connector plate inside of the TV compartment. (This is the dual connector that you would have the jumper connected if you were using cable) the upper connection is connected to your satellite receiver input. The satellite receiver output then connects to the bottom connection.

This setup allows me to watch satellite on either TV. Only drawback is I have to watch the same program on both TV's.

I have added an additional cable (RG-6) going directly from my bedroom TV compartment and run under the chest of drawers into the vanity and down through the drain opening into the basement. I can then run a second cable to my satellite dish to watch independent programming on the bedroom TV. This requires a second satellite receiver that is installed under the bedroom TV. I am in the process of adding an AB switch so I can select which type of programming I require (if I'm on RV park cable or if I am only using one satellite receiver or using two satellite receivers)

I hope this helps answer your questions.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote