Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
rjknutsen

M.O.C. #21662
care of vinyl kitchen floor in 3710FL Montana

Hello all, I have a 2015 Monty 3710FL. It has the dark colored fake plank textured sheet vinyl flooring in the kitchen and bath. My wife has been using her Shark steam mop to clean the flooring with, and each time the cleaning pad turns quite dark (the same shade as the floor) after use.

I know it's not dirt because we are staying in one spot in Arizona all winter and the outside surroundings on our lot are all clean concrete. She usually steam-mops once a week and each time it's the same.

I am concerned that the steam is removing color from the vinyl, or maybe the PO used some form of wax or coating on the floor and that is what the steam in taking off. Any thoughts from the group on this.......

Thanks for your help
Dick K.

rjknutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:47 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Dick,

Welcome to the forum! Unless your floor is starting to look bad, I would not worry about it.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
rjknutsen

M.O.C. #21662
Thanks for the reply, Zach. My concern is that because we are fulltimers and the floor gets steam-cleaned once a week, the color which I am seeing on the mop pad may be stripped from the cheap vinyl floorcovering over time, thereby causing the floor to look bad...... Telling my wife to not worry about cleaning it is not an option.... If the board's opinion is steam mopping is hard on the vinyl flooring, we will have to find a more suitable floor cleaning option.
rjknutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #4
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Steam may a bit much for low end vinyl. We swiffer and on occasion lightly damp mop.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #5
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
We used to use swiffer. Then DW aksed me to do it and left. Turned our Shih Tzu upside down and mopped the floors. Then washed the dog. I got extra points for washing the dog. Dog now runs away at the sight of the mop bucket.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
We use a swiffer dry mop most of the time with a damp clean when needed. The biggest problem with the flooring is gravel being carried in. A small piece can really tear up the vinyl if not careful.