Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
2007 Lake Siskiyou Thanks

What an awesome time we are having here at Lake Siskiyou...... the people, the weather, the camaraderie... THE FOOD!

Another great time with people who all love RVing and the great outdoors.

Due to several changes coming up in the next year to get ready for retirement, I won't be involved in the planning or organizing of the 2008 Lake Siskiyou rally, but we have some great people who have stepped forwards to plan and organize it.

My hats off to Don & Claudia Moore (Searchers) and Roy & Nancy Burk (ToolManRoy). I can't begin to tell you how wonderful they have been to work with these last 3 years and I feel privileged to be able to call them my friends.

The Meet & Greet was a fun time and thanks to Sue & Ed Rowe for putting that together...

The Saturday Night BBQ went off without a hitch.....the "Male Bonding" and the "Women Unite" events were extremely successful, especially when all the women lined up for the food line before the men realized what was going on and all the men ended up at the back of the line. I'd say the women really "united" on that!!....

Our White Elephant Gift Exchange was a hoot! Thanks to Roy & Nancy Burk (ToolManRoy)for organizing it. So many nice presents were exchanged and the lucky winner of the dreaded "Dancing Flowers" was George & Vickie Homer (GHomer) of San Jose, CA. They are well aware of the responsibility of being the caretaker of the flowers and will keep a diary of the flower's life with them and will duly be at a MOC Rally next year to hand them over to some other lucky couple!

After the White Elephant Gift Exchange, we had 'Dancing on the Deck" to music from the early 60's and several couples really got into dancing. Just ask Sue Kane (DDRam)and Mary Kay Hill (PERetired).

Thanks to Sharon Grissom (FireTruckerWife) the "Baggie Omelet Breakfast" was awesome and oh my! the food.... Thanks to all the kitchen helpers like Mariana McCamy, Amy Johnson and all the others who cooked the omelets and "womaned" the kitchen.

Today seems to be a lazy day for most. Lots of the "Social Stroll" is going on and even a few of "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere" is already in progress.

Thank you everyone who helped with all the events and thank you to all who came to the rally. MOC people are the best and it's because of them that these rallies are so successful.

Here's a toast to future rallies and thank you to everyone for putting up with me these last three years.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We have had a fantastic time here at Shasta!

We cannot thank Margee of D and M on the road, Nancy of ToolManRoy, Don of Searchers enough for all the work they have done to make this Rally what it is. Margee and Nancy we will miss your organizing hands in this great Rally. Enjoy your upcoming retirements. I know it will be a while but you can't start preparing too soon!

Even though you are not organizing the Rally we hope you will be attending in the years to come.

Again thanks to all who have made this Rally second to none! We look forward to many more and we already have our site reserved for next year.

See you soon and Happy Travels to all!

Dennis and Mary Kay and Bandit
Old 05-28-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Wow! What a great weekend we've had. Tonight's Mexican dinner was a great (2 Tequila) get together. It's wonderful to be here on Memorial Day night with most of the campground empty. Another year and a half and we'll be camping Wednesday to Wednesday (as some others who-shall-not-be-named are already able to do). With Mt. Shasta dominating the horizon this area is a beautiful and tranquil location for a gathering of friends. I'm pleased to be part of such a great community and look forward to returning here next year.

Bill
Old 05-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Great job to all the organizers. We have had a great time again as usual. We will see you all again next year.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #5
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We had the best rally here so far and the weather was perfect. I(Nancy) want to thank Margee and Don for making me feel like I was contributing something these past 3 years. We hope to keep in touch no matter where our travels take us. We did reserve our spot next year being optimistic that we will be able to attend.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Well just poo on every one who didn't have to go back to work today, just kidding.

We had a great time even though we didn't have our truck to tow the Monty with. The truck is in Benicia still on the rail car but hopefully we will get it in the next day or so.

I just wanted to give a very big thanks to all who set this rally up. Can't wait for next year. We will be in space 329.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Colene & I want to thank everyone that helped set up the rally, we had a great time and can't wait until next year.
we are now at Kamping World RV Park in Eugene, OR. on our way home to Washington.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
rphoward
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4471
Thank you to all those who worked so hard to make the Lake Siskiyou Rally so great Good times, good food, good friends. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
Y'all did a great job of organizing each of the activities. Thanks to you we had a great time. We have lots to reminisce on the way back to Texas. Thanks again, Penny & Jerry
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #10
lmurphy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2328
Thanks to everyone! We had a wonderful time as always. Good food and great people. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year or maybe sooner. I'm getting ready to make our reservations to the Doran Beach retreat. Love and take care.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
We both feel that this 3rd Lake Siskiyou Rally was the best one ever! Special thank yous to D&M, ToolManRoy and Searchers, as well as all the people who organized the other activities for us. And thank you to all our MOC friends who were so friendly to us and made things lively and fun! We are reserved for next year so we don't miss a thing!

We went up to Gold Beach, OR right after the Rally and were able to meet up with the "wood guy" and bought some beautiful maple and burl pieces for our wood turning. We are happy campers on our way home right now. The Dodge is having no problems pulling an extra 400 pounds of wood in the storage bay!!!!!!

MOC on .....
Old 05-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
I'll add my thanks to everyone who participated, and everyone did participate, throughout the rally.

The Baggie Omelette Breakfast was filled with all sorts of goodies contributed by everyone, and when it was all over, a lot of willing hands made short work of the enormous clean up task. We look forward to doing it again...it was the best darn omelette I've had in a long time (thanks to our chief cooks, Mariana and Amy). Sharon was overwhelmed when she asked Saturday night how many people were coming. So many hands went up that she asked how many weren't coming, and no hands went up.

Because we were at over 3000 feet, the eggs took a bit longer to cook. But with so many goodies and so much good conversation, I'm not sure anybody really noticed. We're going to try some different kinds of pots the next time to see if we can speed things up.

Bob
Old 05-31-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
We were so glad to "pass on" the dancing flowers to George and Vickie!!!! (We'll send you the "journal" at a later date with a picture or two of our travels with it... for the next poor soul!)
Thanks to everyone that made such a great rally possible, especially D & M on the Road, Searchers and ToolmanRoy!!! Thanks Doug for the great fish you provided for our dinner on Tue!!!!
Thanks for everyone's patience for the omelets--I guess it takes longer to cook at high altitude... I think they were worth the wait... Thanks Amy ( I'll send you a link to the fireplace pictures later)
Mariana
Old 06-01-2007, 03:40 AM   #14
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
A great big THANK YOU to all who made the rally move along so smooth. Had a nice ride home. Two nights on the road. Don n Ann along with the Searchers did a convoy to La Pine, Or. A very nice state CG. Hope to cross paths again with all.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #15
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Sorry for the late reply. Been busy since we got home. Found a nice big bubble of lawn in the back yard.(Broken feed line for the sprinkler system) Lots of diggin' and I fixed it.(damm tree roots)

Annie & I would like to thank everyone for making our first rally a big success. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a lot of fun meeting new friends.

A special BIG Thank You to D&M On The Road, Searchers, Toolmanroy, Firetruckerwife and Parrothead for organizing this rally. Margee your organization will be missed next year.

As RLWhit said, we had a little caravan up to LaPine ST PK, OR with us and Searchers. RLWhit left early headed for Yakima, WA (He called later and said it was too hot there, so they went on up to Ellensburg, WA) We stayed with Searchers at Maryhill St Pk, WA - across the Columbia River from Biggs Junction, OR. Thursday, we travelled with Searchers to Spokane, WA on their way to Montana. Thanks to all for making our trip home real enjoyable.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #16
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
We too wish extend our thanks to everyone, particularly D&M On The Road, Searchers, Toolmanroy, Firetruckerwife and Parrothead, for making this such a successful and fun event. It was great to see old friends and to meet new ones. And it is only 360 days until the next time.

We have moved North to the Oregon coast where it is a lot colder, wetter and foggier than Lake Siskiyou. That plus the crabbing and fishing sucks. Maybe Seattle will still have some sun when we get there later this week.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #17
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Thanks to all who attended and helped to make this another successful get together in our backyard. We've been on the road since leaving the lake on the 29th, having a ball in our new retirement mode.

We enjoyed traveling with Dick, Toni, Don & Annie for the fist few days in great weather(mid 90's)and nice sites other than the terible KOA on Barker Rd. in Spokane. We haven't had to level side to side until we arrived at Moutain Meadows in Hungry Horse MT this afternoon.

Again, it's you who attend that make these rallies what they are, and for that I thank you all.

Don
Old 06-05-2007, 05:08 AM   #18
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Rallies are the best way to get to know fellow MOCers, and meet new friends. Usually, you just can’t get to know the person from what they post, but meeting them in person makes it real nice to be able to put a face and a thought with that post.

D&M On The Road, Searchers, Toolmanroy, Firetruckerwife and Parrothead all deserve a special thanks for their hard work and effort for a great rally.

We had a wonderful time and in the future, we will try to make as many rallies as geographically possible.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #19
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
I agree that Rallies are the best way to get to know and make new friends with your fellow MOCers.
By the way Robbie the waiter at Casa Ramos in MT Shasta, Ca. is still waiting for your credit card to pay for the food and drinks bill we ran up!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #20
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Hey Bill,

Just tell him the check is in the mail.
Closed Thread