Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Our take on sewer pipe storage

Couldn't put the bolts thru the ends of the fence post like others have because the pipe was too long and just barely fit when you pushed the cap in. Used shortened bungee cords with the ends bent and stainless eye bolts to get the job done. Here's pictures: http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/...pipe%20holder/

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Looks good Dick. I want to do something like that. What did the tie wraps go through on the trailer to secure the pipe? Did you drill holes in the frame?

Dave
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I have springs that hold the caps on, works almost the same as yours. I do have them on both caps. I keep a 10 foot in one side and a 5 foot in the other side.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
There are a couple of small cross members under the basement meant apparently to help keep the material that encloses the underside of the rig in place. I had some oversized wire ties and just pushed the material up and went over the cross member. I've got a 25' Rhino hose in there is why there isn't any space left. I have the shorter hose in the swing out arm that came on the Monty.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
I have the same type of setup. I ran my hose holder parallel with the I-beam on the outside. Made hangers to hold it onto the beam,also used hinges on the end caps. Total length of holder is about 8 ft. And holds all my sewer stuff, hoses, clear transition and pipe end.

Keviv
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice job Dick
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dick come on up to Omaha and you can help me put my two pipes up under the rig! I'm planning on putting one of the square ones like yours and also a round 6 or 8 inch round tube under the unit. I'm hoping to use U-bolts for the round pipe but have to find some square "U-bolts" for the other one! I'd like to drill through the I-beam and secure them with washers and locknuts with cushioning between the brackets and the tubes so the brackets don't rub through the tubes. I'd like to get it done before leaving for down South but I don't see it happening until I get back to Nebraska! I'll try and post pictures when I get them done!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Aluminum ... man's second best friend ...

I offset drilled two holes, one that bolts the tube to the frame ... the other that bolts the strap to the mount. Instead of a sewer hose, I carry my 7' by 16' outdoor carpet in the tube. Beats hauling it in the fiver floor or back of the truck flopping around. This setup has served me well for years.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Here are some pictures of my installation of sewer tubes aka fence posts. I wound up with three of them and never felt the need for a larger round tube.

This is the original two holders I installed. Note the holes in the bottom of the tube. These are both drain holes (so the sewer pipe will dry out after use) and the holes on each end are aligned with the frame. See the third picture below for why.

I used the caps which fit over the end of the square tube. I also cut slots in the tube wall to keep the bolts of the cap from hitting the tube wall.

This is a fuzzy picture (sorry about that) which shows how I attached the square tubes. The drain holes allowed me to drive a Tex-screw (self-tapping) and a fender washer through the tube directly into the frame. Four of those puppies is more than enough to support the kinds of things (sewer hose, fittings, PVC antenna pole, etc.) you will likely store in a square tube. Six years and 50K miles later the tubes are still firmly attached.

I wouldn't worry about brackets wearing holes through the tubes. That plastic is tough stuff.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote