Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
dafurrow
Established Member

M.O.C. #20861
Kitchen Slide out Problem

I have a 2012 3625 RE that the kitchen slide out won't extend out completely. The problem was caused by the lower right base cabinet door being open when the slide out was extended causing it to tip in at the top as the bottom tried to extend. After having a look inside and out there was nothing bent or broken so I retracted the slide and it came all the way in against the gaskets then extended it but it lacks 4 to 6 inches of touching the seals. There are no broken or missing teeth on the rail or gear pack, the room is sitting square in the opening and moves easily in and out but will not extend completely but the top of the room is not binding when it stops moving I can rock it with my hand. Any ideas??

dafurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Vagabond
Established Member

M.O.C. #19108
Our 2016 3000RE is doing a similar thing on kitchen slide. It goes all the way out but does not do the tilt at full extension so the top of the slide is a couple inches in and will rock. The rubber on the outside under the slide is loose and we are wondering if that is the problem. Have you found an answer to your problem?
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #3
dafurrow
Established Member

M.O.C. #20861
Thanks for the reply vagabond,
My problem was caused by a cabinet door left open which caused the flat plate on the hydraulic cylinder pusher and the flat plate that is bolted to the room floor to bend and distort after a lot of looking and field engineering I removed the pusher mechanism mounted on the rail with teeth that keeps the room straight and drilled two new mounting holes in it so it would allow the room go out about an inch further to compensate for the bent pieces. Reassembled the pusher mechanism and adjusted the stroke in and out on the hydraulic cylinder and all works well now. Have you tried adjusting the stroke on your room? that may solve your problem. There are instructions on on the my lippert website for the adjustments on the room.
dafurrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
As noted by dafurrow, look very closely at the plate on the end of the square tube which connects to the tube on the slideout floor. More than likely you will see that the bolt in the plate used to adjust the height of that end of the slideout is at an angle now...if the plate is bent.