Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
LCD TV's and ?

Almost done with my LCD TV installs. Thanks to Tom Gina 06 for his help!

Got a question. Any tricks or tips on getting a piece of cable from the front of the basement to the TV in the bedroom?

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Michael-
Don't know if your unit is set up like mine in the front, but think it should be similar. I ran a coax from the front compartment up through the hole under the bed where the hydraulic hoses goes to the ram under the bed. Out from under the bed into the closet, across the floor in the closet and up to the television. You will have to remove the plywood under the bed to access the ram area. Secured the cable to the floor in the back of the closet with plastic wire clips. Look it over and see if this would work for you.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:snfexpress Posted - Jun 15 2007 : 9:42:41 PM

Got a question. Any tricks or tips on getting a piece of cable from the front of the basement to the TV in the bedroom?
Michael, is your Bdrm TV located over the Stor-A-Lot drawers? If so, can't you pull the drawers out so that you can drop a coax down behind the drawers and into the basement.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #4
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DONnANNIE

Quote:
quote:snfexpress Posted - Jun 15 2007 : 9:42:41 PM

Michael, is your Bdrm TV located over the Stor-A-Lot drawers? If so, can't you pull the drawers out so that you can drop a coax down behind the drawers and into the basement.
Don, great idea, that was what I was going to do until I realized that the front closet is over the Monty's front over hang and not the basement. To do that you would have to drop the pan under the front over hang and drill holes through the frame members and then into the front storage to the back wall and then into the basement. Big job but doable.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Okay, here's how I ran the cable from the basement to the bedroom TV. I think it will work for the majority of MOCers:

Drill hole near existing water lines, or if you want to be precise, measure from where water lines enter the bottom of the cabinet to where you see a 3 inch by 2 inch carpeted box. This carpeted box is actually an iron box tube with wood on top. The bedroom dresser drawer rear sits on this carpeted box.

Insert your cable into the bottom of the bathroom cabinet and then into the end of this carpeted box tube:

Now shove your cable to the end of this tube after carefully cutting the carpet away on the opposite end a few inches from the stacked drawers on top of which sits the bedroom TV. Drill a hole in the top going through first wood then iron. Chamfer the wood horizontally towards the stacked drawers so that when you put the cable in this chamfer, the carpet will lay back nicely. You might want to add some adhesive to the carpet:

Now, remove the bottom drawer and drill towards your chamfered spot in the tube. Insert cable through chamfer and hole and then run up to the TV!

Took me and my DW about 30 minutes once we figured out how to run the cable.

I hope this helps other MOCers.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote