Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706
Trailer Lights

I am having problems with the kids older alpine camper. The 7 pin round trailer light conecter is wired wrong. The wire colors are; whi,red,blk,grn,bro,blue. Does anyone remember which colors go to which pins and the order clockwise looking at the front?

thanks,
Dan

ArkieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Dan,

Here is a link to a 7-pin trailer connector. You'll need to scroll down a bit. Hope this helps.

http://www.etrailer.com/faq/wiring.aspx
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Last summer I made one of those stupid mistakes when I pulled up to level my trailer without unplugging the umbilical cord. I learned a lot about wiring as I had to do the repair myself. I post here to point out one unexpected difficulty. It may apply only to my Montana, but it caused me some real problems.

On my trailer the brake wife (trailer side) was NOT blue but was an additional black. I found this only by experimentation after the brakes did not work on my first attempt.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 AM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Be careful! padredw just posted a 6-pin set-up and the original question was a seven pin. The 7-pin does NOT use the center for the hot wire!!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks, Van, my purpose in the post was really to point out that the brake wire on the trailer end in my Montana is NOT blue. My wiring was done a year ago and I have not had any difficulties since. Everything seems to work fine.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
ArkieBug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6706
Thanks everyone. That worked, except RR brake & signal. Running light works. Everything is run in the channel and side walls & can't get to it. Seems someone before the kids got it had it wired all wrong for normal wiring. Probley worked with original owners TV. Webster's hasn't got anything on the MOC site. I now have 18 pages of neat stuff that ya'll have posted the last three months.
ArkieBug is offline   Reply With Quote