Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Happy Birthday Civil Air Patrol

Just a week before the United States' entry into World War II a band of aviators that were not qualified for military service but wished to assist in national defense was granted a charter by the Congress of the United States.

During the war these civilian minutemen pilots flew over 24 million miles on coastal defense at first spotting German submarines calling in Army bombers eventually getting armed themselves SINKING German submarines off the eastern coast of the United States.

Today Civil Air Patrol is the official auxiliary of the United States Air Force and performs over 95% of the search and rescue operations for the nation as well as flying counter-narcotics operations with the DEA. The only aircraft permitted to fly on 12 September 2001 were Civil Air Patrol's to survey the impact crater formally known as the World Trade Center.

The 56,000 members of the Civil Air Patrol - both cadet and senior member - provide a vital communications link during natural disasters, are trained in first aid, fly critical medical supplies including live human organs where needed. They the next generation of adults self discipline, responsibility and an appreciation of the impact aviation has on our world.

If you are or were a member of the Civil Air Patrol I wish you a very happy birthday and thank you all for the service you have given to this nation.

Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Happy Birthday
Civil Air Patrol

I was in CAP as a Cadet when I was in high school in Rochester, NY. That led to my career in the USAF & WA ANG. I sure enjoyed those days.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I too, was a CAP Cadet in 1963 and 1964. Manned the radio net on Monday nights in San Francisco with the CO. Was also the first sgt of our squadron located in South San Francisco. Provided ground support (washing airplane windshields and helping fuel) for two SARCAP's in the foothills of San Jose Ca. Lo and behold, two years later I joined the USAF and spent the next 20 years as an AF medic. I still think of my times in CAP and the Air Force. I PROUDLY served and would do it again in a heart beat. Have been staioned overseas several times and "THERE TRULY IS NO PLACE LIKE THE USA".
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote