Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2006, 05:14 AM   #1
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Link to Federal Regulations for ULSD fuel

I haven't had time to read the regulations (I need to get to work, not play at the computer)

There has been considerable discussion and speculation regarding the new diesel fuel regulations (Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel). I thought posting a link to the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), would allow those interested to determine how and if the changes apply to their situations.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/highway-dies...ty-highway.htm

There are four links under "Final Rule" that will take readers to the regulations.

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/CA/Woodland.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Woodland, California Forecast" height=40 width=467[/img]

Bill and Mariana McCamy
'05 F-250 Lariat 6L PSD
'05 2955RL
Woodland, CA

Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Effective September 1st, only ULSD may be sold in California. Now I understand why our diesel fuel prices have taken a significant jump ahead of gasoline in the past few months. We've been paying for the extra refining costs (about $0.20 to $0.25 per gallon more than 87 unleaded).

http://www.wspa.org/issues/pdfs/ULSD...aper_ca_hr.pdf

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/CA/Woodland.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Woodland, California Forecast" height=40 width=467[/img]

Bill and Mariana McCamy
'05 F-250 Lariat 6L PSD
'05 2955RL
Woodland, CA
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Bill-

I just now posted on another thread the best I could explain what is going on about the ULSD.

Wrenchtravller started a thread on the 6.4L diesels and Native Tex had asked a question about the ULSD and the warnings that are listed on the pumps. Apparently there is some confusion about the warning labels that are posted on the pumps.

Recently I watched an attendant's attempt to post the ULSD diesel warning label on the pumps. Instead of sticking it to the diesel pump, she put it on the gasoline pump. When I asked her why she put it on the gasoline pump her relpy was "That's where I was told to put it".

Charlie
2001 F-250 Lariat SC 4x2 LB 7.3L PSD
BD Power ECM 80 HP Performance Chip
BD Power X-Monitor LED Digital Gauges
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
2005 3295RK

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote