Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2006, 08:01 AM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
MENDING FENCE'S

I had a little spat with my younger brother a few month's ago, everyone know's that happens now and then when relation meet and are both STRONG WILLED.
Well, I decided I would buy him a gift for Christmas and prehaps smooth things over. I bought him a George Foreman ""BUNN"" WARMER.
I brought it over three days ago, while he was gone and left it on his porch. I didn't leave a note or anything, if he liked it and mentioned anything, I thought I would tell him then that I had bought it for him.
Well, brother is not much for waiting for a Holiday to open anything or reading directions!!!!!
It's been really "COLD" here in Kansas and I guess he decided to try it out...
I picked him up from the EMERGENCY ROOM and helped him get home, DOC said he should change dressing often and not lay on his back or sit for a few days..........
He made me promise on our fathers grave, to help him find the %$#@^%^^ that gave him that BUNN WARMER. I promised him, after all KIN have to stick togeather. See you around the Camp Fire John

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Hahahaha, that's a good one John.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Great story, John. Thanks for the laugh.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I thought - if I could get just a few folk's smiling today, I have done my JOB. Glad you enjoyed it... Please don't tell my brother..... John
Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
John. Of all people living in Kansas, you should know not to leave anything out in the winter. i called my sister in Herington KS and they didn't get any of that storm you guys got. Now i remember why I left Kansas. Walking all the way across town to go to school in the winter and the winds in the summer......Ken
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
KEN - By the thread I started, you can see what living in KANSAS can do to Folk's (happened to Me)
KEN those winds you remember ARE STILL HERE 30+++++
The powers to be are looking into GOVERMENT COMPENSATION for anyone still living or required to live in Kansas - Same theory as the 40 acre's and a mule from years ago.... It's really hard to get people to stop for a cup of coffee two miles inside the state border they have seen it all and just want to get to the OTHER SIDE AND OUT... OH OH You got me started......... Safe Travels John
Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #7
mrosser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1423
You would think they would put a warning label on these things!!! I am still having trouble sitting down.
mrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #8
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Kansas after dark

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I have a lot of really fond memories of Kansas and you guys are ruining it. Of course I was only 10 when I left there but have been back many times. My grandsons visited there this past summer and loved it. From a Jayhawker and country girl at heart. (Our 40 acres was in southeast Kansas.)
Happy trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:09 AM   #10
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Sue - When you left, you must have taken the GOOD STUFF with you...... They say a picture doesn't lie DUSTYTUU got it just right!!!!
Safe Travels Everyone John
Old 12-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #11
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
I think I went through Kansas, too many years ago to remember. So, with all this talk, we're going to have to put Kansas on our itinerary, if nothing else we can cross the border, have that cup of coffee, turn around and leave. It can't be all that bad, can it?
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 AM   #12
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Kansas is not all bad as with any state. We travel accross Kansas quite a lot. Some nice RV parks there and run by very nice people. We sometime stay overnight in Kansas.

I have an aunt in Olatha KS.

Next time we go to IN we will probably take 70 accross KS. Instead of going 1-80 all the way.

I was just making a joke.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote