Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #21
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Lonnie, I asked a doctor once if his wife were to have surgery where would she have it. He named the place and thats where my wife went. I say this because your testimony about using Air Lifts yourself even though you sell them is the same as the question I asked the doctor.

Steve, the system is called SureSet. Not the same as the Smart Air automatic leveling system but if I read it right all I'd have to do is set a height on the controller and it'd keep it at that same height regardless of load, road, etc. I like fire and forget weapons, this one looks like it'll fit the bill!

Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #22
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
As Steve mentions, the deal is to keep the TV level. The air pressure required to make this happen thus varys depending on the load. For that reason, I monitor pressure from time to time, but my best indication - since my Firestone air bags have nothing automatic - is to measure the distance from my rear mounted 2" receiver to the ground. For my situation, 13.75" - 14.25" means things are pert-near level. If out side this measurement, I add or let out air. This seems to also provide the most stable ride for my 2500 in that when level, the springs are just down to the heavier helper spring.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:28 AM   #23
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Sorry guys, I gave you some false information. Air-Lift DOES have an automatic pressure control system. Actually three different kinds.

1 - Load Controller II - Maintains a minimum low pressure to protect air bags.
2 - SureSet Electronic Levelling System - Automatically maintains driver selected pressure setting.
3 - SmartAir Automatic Levelling System - Maintains vehicle level ride with any load on any road.

All of these systems will work with any brand of air bags as I understand it.

I apologize for any false information previously given.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote