Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2006, 05:18 AM   #1
richgregor
Established Member

M.O.C. #5865
PressurePro tire monitoring system

Looking for good or bad comments about the PressurePro tire pressure monitoring system. Have you had any problems keeping the sensor cap on the tires? How long have you been using the system?

richgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We have had the pressure pro system for over a year and some 7,000 miles. We bought it thru Doran who is one of their distributers. I had a problem with onetransmitter recently and talked to pressure pro. They exchanged it free of charge. It was leaking air. The only problem I see with them is you cannot tighten them to tight. I think that is what happend in my case. I marred the gasket in the sending unit. There was no problem. They sent me an authorization via email and I just received a new one. It has been on the wheel all weekend on an outing and lost no air. I think their great and its piece of mind.........Ken
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Hi Rich. I am also interested in purchasing the Doran monitoring system. I was surprised you did not get more responses to your post. Maybe a lot of menbers are busy having fun at the rally. I will probably go ahead and order a set for the 5er. We had a tire give out on old tt and it did a lot of damage. Don't want that to happen again.

Don
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
I am also surprised that more Montana owners have not responded. It may be that the unit is somewhat expensive and not overly advertised. The battery's last only three years and then have to be sent in to pressure pro for new batteries. The price for new batteries isn't much. I had the alarm go off in the cab one morning returning from Florida. It only registared 65 lbs, not 80 which i set the units to. (that was the same unit that I had to send in and have repaired). I filled the air back up with an air pump I carry and was back on the road again. I checked the tires every morning afterthat and their air pressure was always close to 80 lbs.
When we got home from Florida, I let the tire set and the air went down and I then talked to pressure pro and sentthe unit infor rpair. As I said, they sent me a new one at no cost. It saved my Montana from damage. I feel it is worth the money reguardless what it costs.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
I installed the Pressure Pro system while on vacation this summer. Have only taken one significant trip (about 300 miles) but everything worked exactly as advertised. Have had no problems with tires losing pressure. Agree that the cost of the system is a small price for the peace of mind.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #6
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
Works just like they advertise, although if you blow a tire it isn't going to let you know quick enough. If the tire is losing air it will warn you before it runs low and ruins the tire. Also it's a fun toy to have, check the pressure just to be doing something, boring driving 65 mph down the road. I got 10 sensors on mine and it's easy to check the tire pressure before you take off, just push some buttons. Not much fun checking the pressure on the inside duals.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:27 AM   #7
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
Rich, I also have the Pressure Pro system and really like it. It is not a must have, but is a nice convenience. On long trips you can check the tire pressure from the drivers seat while on the road. I have had mine since the beginning of this year and have not had any problems with it at all. I also did not need the external antenna to get the signal from my coach.
Rick.
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #8
richgregor
Established Member

M.O.C. #5865
Thanks everyone for there input. I think I'll add this to my want list
richgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #9
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
My ham radio interfered with the receiver requiring it to be fully reset (power down by pulling the power plug). Some of the sensors would not work on the valve stem until I put a small spacer in there to allow the valve stem to release air into the sensor. We took number seven bird shot and flattened it out.

I liked the idea but the radio interference was a problem for me. If they use some other frequency than around 430 MHZ I would get them again. Passing by transmitting ham radio operators should not be a problem. My unit was transmitting every minute on 147 MHZ which is a third harmonic.

Good luck and tow safe.
Cheers
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote