Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Tire Monitoring System

I am finally going to purchase a tire monitoring system. I know you greatly experienced MOC'ers have, in the past, recommended the Pressure Pro over any others. The last dealer I had a number for, the McFalls, have retired. I know others are out there, I see them advertised. Is the Pressure Pro still the best? Any recommended dealers? TIA

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
In a recent thread a lot of members, myself included, have the TST system (Truck System Technologies) and like it too. It has user replaceable batteries, and their claimed accuracy is pretty good too.

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You should be fine with either one. I got pressure pro online here: http://www.tirepressuremonitor.com/. Google either one and you'll find a good number of places to buy them.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Looks like Discount tire can hook you up with tetrofit units inside the tire..

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTPMSArticle.do
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have ready many good reports from Pressure Pro, TST, Doran and Hawkshead. There are many more but I have consistently seen positive reviews on these.

I have only heard bad reports from the one CW was selling, I believe it was the one from Hopkins. But visiting the CW site and it's no longer there, nor are the bad reviews. Was it removed? Did Hopkins not like what was being said? I don't know if it's been improved since the reports but I was surprised by the number of negative comments and the fact there's now no evidence. I'm not sure what CW sells now because at last look I didn't see a brand name or any name for that matter and didn't recognize the systems that were found in a CW search for TPMS.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
I appreciate all the comments. In further research, I have been told that the Pressure Pro is the only system made in the US-the rest are made in China (true?).

Political comment removed. CRAFT-Guy
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote