Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2004, 03:28 AM   #21
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
After the hassles I had last year with winterizing I replaced the check valve on the water heater and blew out the lines before starting. Started adding antifreeze and after a gallon it seemed to be going OK except that the small piece of hose between the bypass valve and the botton of the hot water tank was pink so I figured the valve was set in the wrong position. Turned the valve and antifreeze rushed into the water heater and out the anode hole. Switched the bypass valve again and started the second gallon. Noticed the bypass valve was letting a bit of antifreeze past but as I am 50 miles from a place to buy another I thought I'd continue and hope for the best. The second gallon wasn't feeding. It wouldn't get suction. Checked all the connections near the pump and finally it started sucking (don't ask me why!) After three gallons managed to get bright pink to all the taps everywhere and to the low point drains too but not on the Hot side. I think the check valve may be either backwards or defective (again!) although the arrow on it points to out from the tank which I am sure it should.

I think next year I will blow the lines at 50 psi for an hour and hook a shop vac to the fresh water intake and blow it out too and to he*l with the antifreeze. This is a pain!
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote