Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Flag pole mounts

I want to purchase a Flag Pole Buddy 22ft pole and mounts.

Question: The ladder on the rear of my 3580 RL Big Sky is not a straight up ladder. The bottom 3 ft has a slight outward slope, next 2 ft are straight up and the top 4 ft have a slight inward slope. Also each step protrudes about 1 in out on both sides of the steps. When the mounts are installed on the bottom and the top of the ladder will the pole fit in them with the slight angle on the mounts?

maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I put the mounts on the horizontal bars that support the ladder to the back wall. So my pole is on the side of the ladder and none of the obstruction is a problem.
Good luck and safe travels.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
ALSAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12193
The pole mounts have swivel heads that are serated so once they are tighted they stay there now a little note of a experience that I am having with my flag pole had a storm come thur the camp ground where we were staying rain then gusts then rain you get the picture we where not around when the storm came thru came back and my pole had snapped off neighbor had picked the flag off the ground and tucked it in the steps. Pole was bought July 13 2013 called number on pole left message July 28 have not heard back as of today so called again this afternoon left another message both times left name, number, problem with pole repeated info twice and slowly as instucted as of now I have not heard anything
ALSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #4
trlrboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7697
I have the same flagpole and my rear ladder is the same way as yours. It tilts forward very little and is hardly noticeable.
trlrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #5
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
We bought the Flag Pole Buddy and love it. Got the 22 foot fiberglass one. I did my mount a bit different; since it can be mounted to a flat surface as well, I mounted ours mid point on the trailer on the metal trim piece on the edge of the super slide. That way, I didn't have to drill any holes into the body of the trailer. Worked great. I checked to make sure when the slide closed there would be no clearance problems, and there weren't. Reason I put it mid point is that most of the parks we camp in, the ladder is in the back of the space, sometimes under a tree, so the pole wouldn't have worked there. Mounting it mid point on the trailer makes it viewable from most any position. I proudly fly the American flag, along with the Vietnam Veterans flag I have to go with it.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote