Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The medicare Zoo

Integral to successful fulltiming is managing your health care. We have most of it in place. You know, part "A" and part "B" along with supplimental insurance. Dental, we decided was not worth the cost. The last piece to this puzzle is a prescription card. Confusion reigns.

Even though I sold life, health and casuality insurance at one point, insurance is an enigma wrapped in a mystery and clocked in confusion. If anyone know of a comparitive chart or source of reasonably understandable information about Rx cards., please advise.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
Check Canadadrug.com. I have been buying my medicine through them for a little over 2 years...very satisfied. Not only cheaper, delivery in one week (they say 2 wks, but I receive them in 5-7 days). Very pleasant people to talk with and most helpful.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, I looked into the new Rx cards for my folks back when they first became available. I was stunned that each and every card available in his area would have Rx costs far in excess of what his local small town pharmacy gave him.

That said, if you plan to travel the country in your fulltiming you will need a card that is accepted just about anywhere in the country. For that reason you might check to see which card(s) are accepted by Walmart or whichever pharmacy chain you think you will honor with your business while traveling. I'm assuming it's still true that the card companies have specific pharmacies contracted for those cards. Someone correct me if all cards are now accepted by all pharmacies.

We use Walmart pharmacies because they accept Blue Cross, which is what we carry. And its easy for them to transfer a prescription from one store to another although most any pharmacy can transfer from any other pharmacy from what I've seen.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
With the exception of a few items, we have determined that Canadian pharmacies have the best prices and that "card" is almost worthless. It seems to me that it is a perverse scam.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I would have to ageee with Steve on using a big chain store like Wal-mart for getting your prscriptions filled.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #6
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
I guess I would agree that Wal-mart is the least expensive and most conveniet especially now the law has been lifted on non narcotic drugs perscriptions being transferred more than once. BUT you still can't beat Canadadrug.com. Example: Zocor at Walmart $447.88 / 100 tablets and Canada Drug $175.14 /90 tablets; Shopko $483.99 /100 tablets.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote