Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2019, 09:37 AM   #21
drog55chev
Established Member

M.O.C. #24480
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulavista View Post
Guess I should say hi here too! Hubby and I are looking at retiring by the end of May 2020. We're currently on the hunt for a new RV, Montana 3120RL has made the top of the list. This will be our third, the first one was a fifth wheel, second a bumper pull toy hauler. DONE with toy haulers and ready to start a new chapter of RVing, and this new chapter of life.
Just an FYI if you're interested there is a 3120/3121 owners group on Facebook. We got ours a year ago and it fits us perfectly. We mainly chose this one because of the orientation of the slides and the smaller size.

drog55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #22
chulavista
Established Member

M.O.C. #25440
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland ironworker View Post
Welcome we are also retiring June 2020 and hitting the road in August
Congrats!! I hope you enjoy!!
Retirement May 31 2020
chulavista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #23
chulavista
Established Member

M.O.C. #25440
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog55chev View Post
Just an FYI if you're interested there is a 3120/3121 owners group on Facebook. We got ours a year ago and it fits us perfectly. We mainly chose this one because of the orientation of the slides and the smaller size.
Thank you....I'll have to think on this one - not a fan of facebook, but that might change after I'm not living on a computer anymore!
Retirement May 31 2020
chulavista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:54 AM   #24
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulavista View Post
Hi Greg!
Thanks! Yeah, We've been all over the place on different sites, etc. We started out wanting a new toy hauler. So in all the researching I've been doing for over a year now, I've found I don't want one. Our SXS weighs too much. For us to be able to get a toy hauler that can actually haul our SXS it has to have a CCC of at least 5,000 lbs - our SXS weighs 2,000 lbs. The ones with that kind of CCC are 44' long. We will not always take the SXS along, so we decided we would look at tandem towing on the trips we do take it with us. And yes, I've already done the homework concerning tandem or triple towing as well.
I've found the sales people really have no idea about the weights of the toy haulers (or any rv for that matter), the responsibility falls on the consumer to know all the numbers.

Our last one was a toy hauler but for the two years we had it it turned to a dog house, lesson learned. Yes we found out after the fact that the dealer knew little and it would not carry two Harley's.
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote