Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ford 08 SD rebates

Let the rebates begin..I am not yet sure if this applies to first time SD buyers or not but Ford is sending out 1000.00 Customer Appreciation checks to buyers of the 08 SD truck. Those who have recently purchased check with your dealer if you have not already got the check. Look for some really good rebates in the near future.. Ford as well as the others are in big trouble. Ford needs to attempt to recover from the bad start for the 6.4 and Ole Rich is checking every week. Yea..I got new truck fever..

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:23 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Update..You have to have been the owner of a SD truck to get the 1K rebate. it is a Customer loyality program.I am sure there is more to come..
Old 04-24-2007, 03:43 AM   #3
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Rich, I got the Loyalty rebate (5 buys from the same dealer-I like them) and a $1300 off the top discount for a total of $2300 (roughly 8% of total). The card makes it look like the rebate is only on the diesel but it isn't. Also, the war with Navstar is currently in a cease fire and the Judge ruled in Fords favor on the lawsuits (this is good for us).
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #4
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
For the record - these thoughts aren't meant to second guess anyone else., If you decide to make the leap I wish you nothing but the best.

Having said that, I guess I'm in the gun shy camp on buying new models in their first production year. I've only done it once, and while I've enjoyed the vehicle (it's a Honda Goldwing), I do have some resentment that manufacturers seem to be content to let the consumer iron out the design bugs.

While I hope that Ford is very successful with the new 6.4, I guess personally I'll adopt a wait and see attitude. Especially considering the issues that many have had with the 6.0, which was supposed to be later and greater. Again, no offense intended against 6.0 owners. If you have a good one - that's great.

Bottom line is that the new power plant looks to be very complicated. I'd prefer not to be part of the testing procedure.

Gary
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:26 AM   #5
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Like Rich, I am looking real hard. I really like my Chevy 2500HD, but have been thinking about moving up to a 3500 or 350. My wife really loves the F350, both outside and in, especially the more space in the crewcab. I too am concerned about the 6.4 and the recalls for the flame out of the tailpipe. My local dealer also said the 250 and 350 had a 40 gal. fuel tank, which in reality the window sticker says 30.5, so would sure appreciate all you folks who have bought a new 350 to keep us posted on how that 6.4 is doing.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would not think of buying the 6.4 now..a few months maybe.. We will not even talk till some respectable rebates come out and they will.If the 6.4 is not a sucessful motor Ford will be in huge trouble. They can not afford for it to be a failure.. The flaming tail pipe is over blown and not a big concern.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
tcorbitt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5799
Another question for new Diesel owners... Are you having any trouble finding ULDS fuel around the country? Here is Vermont, the switch was completed last fall. But when we travel to other states, if looks like ULDS is not always available. Our 06 F350 is at only 30K miles is far from being replaced (like 8-10 years), but our daily driver, 95 MB E300TD at 285K miles is really getting tired. The new MB BlueTec requires the ULSD and since we use it whenever we travel without the Monty, I am hesitant to jump into the ULDS required vehicle just yet.

TC
(ok I confess, never owned a truck or car that was powered by anything but Diesel, and not about to change now)
tcorbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
tcorbitt,
There are a few locations throughout the U.S.A that still offer LSD fuel. Most of these stations that I have found, also have ULSD fuel available as well. I use the websites listed below to see which type of fuel each area is selling.

www.petrotruckstops.com
www.flyingj.com
www.pilotcorp.com
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Having a new '08 diesel, we have checked everywhere we go for the ULSD fuel (whether we are needing to fill up or not). So far, there is only one place in our area without the new fuel (and surprisingly that one is a truck stop). We have been told that "everybody" is now getting the ULSD but not all have been tested for it yet or their % is not yet high enough to pass the test. We were very concerned when we first ordered our truck, as NO one had the ULSD yet, but by the time we actually received our truck all the diesel places had it (except the one Shell Truck Stop). Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote