Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
YorkForrester

M.O.C. #22675
Friday night special

We bought our 3731FL unit brand new in January 2017. Since then we’ve had the following issues:

1. Slides coming out in transport
2. Rear exterior Door coming open in transport
3. Bad ram
4. Hydraulic leak
5. Brake magnet explosion
6. Water leak into underbelly
7. Water leak front end cap
8. Water leak shower plumbing
9. Rear a/c roof leak
10. Rear a/c quit working after dealership “fixed” roof leak
11. Lino in front of sink ripped from wedge dealership put in to stop slides from coming out
12. Gray tank valve lever froze
13. Slide cable broke -2xs
14. Bad jack - replaced it with a black one. 5 silver, 1 black
15. Bathroom door fell off
16. Jacks going bad again- releasing while leveled and set up
17. Ceiling panel living room fell
18. Misc drawer problems.
19. Dining room light fixture fell out of ceiling
20. Dining room light originally put on was a bad design, dealership put new light fixture in, globes fell in transport and damaged dining room table.
21. Bathroom door peeling
22. Dining room slide not seating fully at bottom

That’s just what I can remember while waiting for this storm to pass. We spoke with Keystone yesterday and they said “sorry not our problem. You’re out of warranty with us, work with your dealership on any problem you have. “ We bought the extended warranty which would have charged us shipping and taxes on the shipping and other crazy costs which we didn’t think were fair that we should have to pay on a unit that’s a year and a half old with this many problems. Our dealership had already extended to us another two year warranty with no costs about 3 or 4 months ago.

We’re not asking for anything free or given to us and I pay extra on it every month. We would just like something without problems that are normal wear and tear problems. Something that we can enjoy without picking it up from the repair shop to go on a trip and then returning it to the repair shop every time the trip is over.

These problems are not minor and we’re at a loss what to do now. I’m awake at 445 am because a storm blew in and we had to get up and pull the bedroom slide in so the roof wouldn’t leak on us in bed.

Don’t ask me who my dealership is, they’ve been good to us and they didn’t build this Friday night special, so I’m not going to answer that question.

YorkForrester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
York,

Welcome to the forum!

Seems like you have your hands full. Its not clear what is already fixed and what is not. You might want to consider working with Lippert on some of your level up issues. A lot of the leaks you may be able to track down yourself - it always easier to sort them out when actually leaking then after the fact.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote