Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2018, 07:53 AM   #1
TomCat
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22648
Soundbar Bluetooth not working

Hi! I have a 2017 Montana High Country 305RL we just purchased used this summer. It's a great RV so far. However, we tried to connect via bluetooth to the sound bar, and it doesn't seem to work. It appears to pair just fine, and our phones seem to be playing the music, but no sound comes out of the sound bar. Have checked other inputs and they seem to work. It appears that the soundbar is attached permanently - I couldn't figure out how to access it to remove it or even inspect the back of it where the cables connect. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:13 AM   #2
Bierp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21854
Did you pair to the soundbar directly? I wasn't aware that this was an option. I've always paired to my stereo/tuner/processor/whateveritscalled and used that to drive the soundbar.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If the sound bar is secured like ours there is velcro on the bottom and it pulls out with a concerning (the first time) ripping sound.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
TomCat
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22648
Thanks for the replies. My soundbar is an all in one, so it is the amplifier, bluetooth, etc. I have determined that the bluetooth part of the system just doesn't work. I do get some faint static noise, but no music. I found another thread where someone explained they had to take out the electric fireplace to get at the screws in the bottom holding it down (mine is screwed in - not Velcroed, unfortunately). I will probably look into replacing it if we determine bluetooth is important to us (probably is - it's the only thing we have wanted to do with it to this point). Again, thanks for the attention!
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, soundbar