Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #21
lelambo1

M.O.C. #22382
Mine quit working every time I had the fantastic fan turned on over the table in the kitchen (my RV is a 2018 3820FK Montana). Turn the fan off and push the button and it should turn on or go outside and unplug the refrigerator from the 110 and then plug it back in. Hope this helps.

lelambo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:19 AM   #22
buspilot
Established Member

M.O.C. #21274
Thank you but no luck. I think it is as sick as the rest of this trailer.
buspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #23
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
The dealership down here Tacoma, told me they had to rewire my circuit to take the Norcold refer out of the fan circuit. Before I knew it was a fan problem, I would go outside and power down the entire unit to include the batteries, pull the ac plug of the refer and an additional connector and did a computer type reboot with the power. It would come back up and work fine, that is until I inadvertently used the exhaust fans for air flow while we were away.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #24
77fixer

M.O.C. #22535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusters View Post
The dealership down here Tacoma, told me they had to rewire my circuit to take the Norcold refer out of the fan circuit. Before I knew it was a fan problem, I would go outside and power down the entire unit to include the batteries, pull the ac plug of the refer and an additional connector and did a computer type reboot with the power. It would come back up and work fine, that is until I inadvertently used the exhaust fans for air flow while we were away.
I am trying to find out what was done to rewire the circuit. I have a 2016 3820FK and the fridge is shutting off with a code of "lo dc". This has happened at least twice in the last couple weeks. I believe the fan in the kitchen has been on each time.
I mentioned this "internal bulletin" to my dealer and they suggested calling Keystone. I then called Keystone Customer Service, but they don't show recalls/bulletins for my VIN. We are in this full time and I would rather take care of it myself than drive 3 hours to my dealer and wait for them to figure it out.

Thanks,
Brett
77fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #25
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
Brett, The repair as stated on my Job Order; "Correction-had to drop the belly and run a power wire from the power panel to the refer. after running the wire, tested the refer. Put the belly back together.--CHECKS GOOD AT THIS TIME" March 2017.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #26
Montana Girl
Established Member

M.O.C. #21671
Refer circuit problem

The dealership, Bretz RV in Missoula MT, sent Don out to do the rewire. He apparently wired it into the circuit for the electronic shade, because now those two don't work at the same time. But I can deal with that. So try calling Don in the service department, older gentleman who's been there a long time , (but never has seen this problem, hmmm). I bet he'd share his experience. If you call him and need to remind him who I am, tell him he came out to Canyon Ferry Lake to do my repairs this past Spring.

QUOTE=77fixer;1118311]I am trying to find out what was done to rewire the circuit. I have a 2016 3820FK and the fridge is shutting off with a code of "lo dc". This has happened at least twice in the last couple weeks. I believe the fan in the kitchen has been on each time.
I mentioned this "internal bulletin" to my dealer and they suggested calling Keystone. I then called Keystone Customer Service, but they don't show recalls/bulletins for my VIN. We are in this full time and I would rather take care of it myself than drive 3 hours to my dealer and wait for them to figure it out.

Thanks,
Brett[/QUOTE]
Montana Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #27
77fixer

M.O.C. #22535
Dusters and MG, thanks for the help. I'll talk to my dealer, Bretz-Boise, but will probably have to take this on myself.

Brett
2017 Salsa Timberjack, 2006 Giant Iguana
77fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #28
FloridaFlockers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20649
This is crazy.... we are in a 2017 3820 FK and all was well this AM till noticed our Norcold Frig wasn't on. No error codes, the power & gas/electric switches did not work, 115 VAC is good, 12 VDC (@13+) is there under the cover, the temp select switch "did" work..... about to call for help but did a MOC search 1st and lo and behold read LeLamb1 #21 post above. I had turned on the fan above our table earlier in the AM. Turned the fan off and Shazam frig works. What the????? Before I figured out the fan power is my problem I was reading about the magnet trick, but it's not clear to me what problem the magnet fixes? What EC, problem does the magnet trick fix?
FloridaFlockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #29
bowlesj
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18569
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlockers View Post
This is crazy.... we are in a 2017 3820 FK and all was well this AM till noticed our Norcold Frig wasn't on. No error codes, the power & gas/electric switches did not work, 115 VAC is good, 12 VDC (@13+) is there under the cover, the temp select switch "did" work..... about to call for help but did a MOC search 1st and lo and behold read LeLamb1 #21 post above. I had turned on the fan above our table earlier in the AM. Turned the fan off and Shazam frig works. What the????? Before I figured out the fan power is my problem I was reading about the magnet trick, but it's not clear to me what problem the magnet fixes? What EC, problem does the magnet trick fix?
I think the over temp fault that turns on the exterior red led and is reset with a magnet is LI oP. Doesn't matter the fault, look for the red led in this case, usually caused by water in the fridge bay.

The low voltage fault that the vent fan sets is typically Lo Dc but may be a full shutdown on the fridge as well. For this fault the fridge needs to be on its own circuit. Typically, rewiring the fridge back to the power panel, etc, etc, is not required. Leave the fridge as is and cut out any spliced in circuits, ie fans, shades, whatever, and run them to another 12v source. Just about any utility light circuit is a good option.

This problem is unique to the 3820FK. See this post for more information/confusion

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...t=76168&page=2

John - 2016 3820FK
bowlesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #30
BUBBA-NONNIE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19549
Norcold Refrigerator

I wanted to pass on to my fellow RVers what I found out about the Norcold 4 door residential refrigerator. My refrigerator is in a 2017 Montana 3000RE. I feel pretty stupid for posting this since I pride my self in how well I can problem solve. Ha.
I have been having trouble for about 2 years getting my refrigerator to cool below 42-45 degrees F. I have installed a new exhaust fan. Little to no improvement. The insulation was missing around the unit. Installed the installation. I finally read the comments from someone on this website or Keystone RV forum and the information did the trick. I had the freezer set on 9 thinking that was helping the refrigerator, but it was causing the refrigerant to vaporize. When I closed the left door I thought the middle seal was engaging on right door, but it was not. I lowered the temperature set point on the front of the refrig to 5 and made sure the right door was sealing and in an hour the temperature was 33 degrees F.
The only thing is that the sealing "flap" that is on the left door that pivots when closed, I have to manually position it before closing the right door.

I am not sure who wrote the previous post. I want to thank you for the education that I received from you post.
BUBBA-NONNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #31
WA_Steve
Established Member

M.O.C. #21079
The fan in our Norcold 2118SST runs continuously. It seems to be operating and cooling fine otherwise, no error codes or blinking display. I don't believe it's normal for the fan to never stop. Has anyone experienced this issue and how did you fix it?
WA_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #32
BUBBA-NONNIE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19549
Norcold Refrigerator

WA_Steve,
My Norcold ran continuously also. When I made sure the right hand door was sealing properly against the flap on the left hand door, and lowered my set point from 9 to 5 within minutes the fans went off. I put a thermometer in the freezer and set the temperature where i wanted it.
I am not sure this address your problem, but mine is now working the way it is supposed to work.
BUBBA-NONNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:58 PM   #33
WA_Steve
Established Member

M.O.C. #21079
thanks for the suggestion.
WA_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote