Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
CAPTSMIR
Established Member

M.O.C. #8946
Send a message via AIM to CAPTSMIR Send a message via Yahoo to CAPTSMIR
Satillite to Cable

Hi All,

We have a 2008 3075 and need help in changing my tv's back to cable. We got Dish Network back in Florida about 6 months ago and have been using it exclusivly since. We are now moving around more and would like to take advantage of the cable service provided by the rv parks. I tried to switch it out but was unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong??? Reinstalled the jumper and ran a cable from the amp to the BR tv with no success. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for any help.

George

CAPTSMIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
George,
You told us what you did but we don't know what was done to prep you for satellite.
Here is a drawing how our TV wiring looks. I suggest you use this as a guide.
If you have an Ohm meter you can trace cables and straighten it out.
Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
George, we have a 2007 3075 and use Direct TV and cable when available. The way I wired it in is to take the cable/satellite input and run it through a switch from Radio Shack that allows for a single input and switches between Antenna and Cable. This must be a switch that allows power to travel both ways for the Satellite. When switched to cable the wire must go from this switch directly to your TVs. When switched to Antenna, the wire needs to go through a splitter which allows one wire to directly to the TVs and the other wire to go to your Dish or Direct TV box. The wire out of the Dish or Direct TV Box will then go to the TVs. This splitter also must allow for power to go both ways for the Satellite. Let me know if you don't understand. Basically when I put up to a campground I only have to switch the Cable/Antenna switch. Also you cannot use your power booster located in your bedroom closet when using the Satellite. Good Luck. John
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #4
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
I like your idea John. I will look for that switch at Radio Shack. Currently I have to switch cables- cable-to-satelite box, and back. Also if I want to use the antenna and amp I have to change cables around up front too. So, I could use two switches.
Thanks
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote