Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #1
Pmatt

M.O.C. #21342
2015 HC 343RL front room slide problems

2015 HC 343RL 5th wheel with kitchen table/front room slide problems.
We bought this trailer brand new, at about one year in we were on vacation and I noticed something hanging from under the slide, taking a closer look I noticed that the barrier under the slide was all torn up and hanging down. Took the trailer into dealer when we got back from vacation, and after a couple of weeks they let me know that Keystone told them that it was not a factory defect and was not going to warranty it. The dealer ended up removing the slide and supposed to have fixed it, also keystone did pay to have the carpet replaced. Since then the slide has been removed a fixed a total of 5 times now with no resolve. The trailer is back in again and now they are not going to cover it at all, it is all up to me. This has been very upsetting 3 years with the service and resolve both from Keystone and the dealer. I have been RVing since 1986 and this is by far the worse trailer I have ever owned.
Has anybody experience anything like this?
And any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Pmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:05 AM   #2
Denny and Angie Miller
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19889
Our 2017 353RL is showing signs of wear on what ever that covering is called that is on the bottom of the slide. I was considering asking the dealer to install rollers on the kitchen slide and the slide on the curb side. A plastic panel is on the bottom of the bed slide, and it has rollers on it,...why not the other 2?
Denny and Angie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Pmatt

M.O.C. #21342
Finally got some resolve with the slide issue after 2 1/2 years of dealing with Keystone, and ends up that Keystone installed the cable assemble wrong at the factor. The repair shop ended up calling the cable slide manufacture to see if they could help them out, and they found out the slide assemble was installed wrong, the shop moved all the brackets and cables to the manufactures specs, and now the slide works perfect. What bothers me the most is that keystone would never even look at the issue and just kept telling us that it was not a keystone problem.
Pmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Don't know for sure, particularly in this case, but I have found in the past that some dealers know how to work with Keystone and for whatever reason others don't. That's why you continue to see on here, the same problems solved for one poster while another poster can't get anything done. I always call Keystone myself when we have a rig scheduled for an issue and make sure things are set up right in Indiana.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote