Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2007, 03:32 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanksgiving, Montana-Keystone style

Our new lifestyle since retirement has brought so much happiness, we have met many good friends with commonality. The sights we have seen, the shared adventure my wife and I have had, have brought us closer than ever before. There is hardly a day that goes by that we do not speak of our good fortune and joy.
We have a neighbor down the street, Helen is her name, she lost her husband this last Summer. She, in her 50's, still came here to the park that they have been coming to for 5 years or so. Her son drove her truck and trailer down for her. He left to return to his home and job up North. I have been helping him and Helen with a few electrical and mechanical things. Sue said it was nice of me to 'take her under my wing', I remarked that if anything happened to me, I would want her to be helped. It will be hard for her, but with her friends she has made in this lifestyle, much easier than if home alone.
I give thanks for our beautiful Montana, it is so comfortable and secure. At every return from an errand or a bike ride we look at it when we come home and swell with pride.
In the theme of giving thanks, and appreciating our lifestyle, live every day with optimism and good will, who knows what the future will bring, our health, accidents, family tragedy, nothing is forever.
Thanks, Keystone, and thank you, fellow travelers.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:40 AM   #2
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Yes...Thanksgiving blessings are in order!
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Thank you Ozz and may I add, "Cheers"!!!!!!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:18 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We echo what Ozz so eloquently says. We are fortunate, at this stage of our lives,to be able to enjoy this lifestyle.We have so much to be thankful for. Our local Lions club supports a local food bank and this year the food bank is providing thanksgiving dinners for 850 families in this middle working class town of 21,000 people. That is 200 families up from last year. We have SO much to be thankful for.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:31 AM   #5
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
We all have to make choices and right now we are in our home for Thanksgiving & close to family and friends. We still have the desire to spend more time in the Mountaineer but that will come latter in life. Even though we are retired we seem to still have commitments’.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are away from your families on this day.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:02 AM   #6
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
We all are so BLESSED and when we share our GOOD FORTUNE AND BLESSINGS we are laying up tresures in HEAVEN.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Ditto all that was said above.
We do have so much to be thankful for. Life is good.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We, too, have a lot to be thankful for. First is God, second is our military, third is our family, fourth is our health, fifth is our love for all of these, sixth is a great home over our heads that, as OZZ says is so comfortable and secure, seventh is this forum and all the fine folks that contribute and make our lives easier.

We want to send a very heartfelt thank you to each and everyone of you that have contributed to our outstanding adventure so far. May you all have a great day and best of luck in your travels.....

Phil & Cathy
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote