Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I read your original posting of Jun 20 2010 at 4:20:54 PM and subsequently Edited by - bitterbrook on Jun 20 2010 at 4:25:07 PM and did not see a link to any ForumCo statement. I agree that deleting the institutional knowledge contained in this forum would be a huge mistake. I wondered where you had found this information and would have chased the link myself if it existed.

It appears there is a footprint left if any posting is modified. Your posting was last modified by you five minutes after you created it. There has been no subsequent updates. So I doubt an Admin deleted or changed anything in your post. In my experience, if they do alter a posting, they let you know why.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #22
bitterbrook
Established Member

M.O.C. #10326
I got a little smart-*ss in my closing line and immediately deleted it; that's the edit made by me. Can't figure out why I would delete the link that indicates our data may be in jeopardy.

Please do not imply dishonesty on my part. I LIKE this forum and don't want to see its knowledge base lost because the ForumCo management can't handle the data.

Anyway, I re-posted the link and you can read it for yourself. Or you can read it here:

I would prefer not to delete anything but it looks like it is now unavoidable.

I am considering implementing the following policy;

1. Archiving everything over 3 months old
2. Deleting everything over 1 year old

A forum with posts dating back two years would end up with the following;

Posts between 3 months old and a year old in the archive
No posts over a year old

Sadly, no one so far has leaped to ForumCo's defense...
bitterbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #23
dickieD

M.O.C. #10332
Bump. Why was this thread deleted? Are we in danger of losing our MOC forum or NOT?
dickieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
The sky is not falling. Forumco foresaw problems in the future because of the growth of all the forums they support. They wanted to make good decisions about how to address those problems before they become big problems. They do not know what we think is important so they put out some ideas about how they could solve the problem and asked for our input. Discussing all the alternatives so you can make the best decision is just good business. Those alternatives include asking how much old information we think we need to have.

I can not tell you what they will decide. I can not tell you their decisions will all be good for us or bad for us. But when we have that information if it will affect this forum you will be told about it. As of now we are not expecting any major problems. Information is a good thing but sometimes it causes people to panic and assume the worst will happen. We will let you know if we hear of anything that will be negative for MOC.

dickieD, why do you think this thread was deleted? If it was deleted you could not have bumped it. Maybe you hit active topics and there were no new posts so it did not show up for you.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 AM   #25
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I believe that old material sometimes may not be accessed or looked at as a result of the search function slowing down. I also noticed on this forum that after a period of time (of which I’m not certain) threads are locked from further comment. I personally have the opinion that if the threads would remain open for comment and not locked that they would be used more. Once they are locked I feel like the subject is dead and I believe a person has no choice but to start a new thread if wanting to make a comment on that subject. I believe the same material is then rehashed and talked about as before repeating what has already been said resulting in more web space being utilized. Perhaps it would save space if older threads weren’t locked and remained open. A discussion could be picked back up and in order to realize the subject was revisited all one would need to do is to look at the previous posting dates. Just a thought and suggestion I have.
Thanks!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #26
palmdale

M.O.C. #10514
Homeontheroad,

This thread was DELETED shortly after I bumped it. When I looked at it last night, the only post was LadyRV's, the entire following thread had been DELETED, and the thread was locked. You can see for yourself by looking at the altered thread here: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39777 which is how it looked last night. No thread and locked.

As a matter of fact, the thread was deleted within minutes of bitterbrook's last post, and at that point bitterbrook's profile was locked.

LadyRV didn't reply to bitterbrook's concerns and instead locked him out of the forum.

Why is palmdale replying instead of DickieD?

DickieD was ALSO locked out of the forum this morning after having posted the above. One of the admins is trying to hide this thread and the possible data problems from MOC members, and THAT IS NOT RIGHT. I suggest you contact LadyRV and find out what's going on.

I'll check back in a few minutes and see if I'm locked out as well.

palmdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 AM   #27
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
MMMMMM, Palmdale

the thread you are referencing is a duplicate of this one. Lady RV posted the information on TWO threads, this one, open for comments, and the other one, which is Locked. They are in different sections of the MOC.

Guess that can be confusing.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As of December 23 1012 the world will come to a end according to those Malaysians so it don't make no difference...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #29
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
It is amazing that many of us who have been guests here for many years have no problem with the forum and necessary maintenance. Yet, guest who have only been here a few months have suggestions for changing and think they can "implement" policy. JMHO
Happy trails..............if you even RV
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #30
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Rich,
The Malaysians have the same "End of World" prediction too? And I assume you meant to say "2012" vs "1012". I know the Mayans have such a prediction. Well sort of... It now appears that perhaps their calendar may simply start over. But the End of World idea sells lots more stuff!
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #31
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I hope they can get the avatars working again soon, everything else seems to be working... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yeah, I miss seeing your smiling mug, Dave!

I haven't really noticed a slowdown in the forum but we are currently on a very slow connection so maybe I just can't tell the difference.

As Rich (PapaBeav) said, we've made many very good friends through this forum. PapaBeav, having met you at Siskiyou and Seven Feathers, yes, I hope that includes you.

As for moving the forum to some other location, not my business. Other than occasional donations, I don't pay for it. So I have no voice unless asked and, so far, nobody has asked me. To tell the truth, I think I prefer it that way. As always, just my personal opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #33
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I notice a speed increase already.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #34
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Steve (Reigle), you personal opinion is popular enough, it happens to be mine, too.

That said, the MOC will continue to change; the membership will grow, the number of posts will grow and that means more file storage and this can slow things down. Maintenance and updates are critical and important and every so often, they go awry. Letting the Administration know about problems you see will help get things resolved.

Any slowdowns I've seen have been temporary and since there are so many causes, I won't notify MOC administrators unless it's consistent and I can tell it's a known problem of the MOC forum software or hardware. I might be more fortunate than most with my years of computer experience, but for others, make your posts to get help. Not asking for help is when it's a problem regardless of how minor it might seem.

Happy MOCing everyone!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #35
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by illapah

I notice a speed increase already.
Really???
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #36
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Just as a matter of information, the thread is over six months old!!! Steves reply was June 26th on a thread that started June 15th!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #37
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha! I had never seen it. It is old.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote