Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Our maiden voyage in our Big Sky

We just got back from our maiden trip in our Big Sky--two days in Bull Run regional park, right next to Bull Run National Park. All the windows on the curb side looked out into the woods--no sign of civilization/development at all in that direction. And although the dual pane windows aren't tinted as much as the single pane (they are tinted as we saw them side-by-side at the factory), they sure do work as a good noise barrier--could barely hear the occasional car going by, and someone standing outside the rig could barely hear the great sound system in the Big Sky even with the volume turned up on the JVC stereo system (Jo-Anna hooked the I-Pod to the stereo and we had in cranked up pretty high).

I spent another hour or two on our PDI checklist while at Bull Run park just to reassure myself that there weren't any problems with the rig. I got thru the checklist without finding any further problems--I was actually amazed that I didn't find more of the problems that others have reported finding in their Montanas. I checked all the wire connections in the 12v and 110v panels--all tight, as were all the water connections behind the convenience center in the basement. Did find a few screws in the cabinet doors that were overtorqued--guess there had to be something that Rich's "Old World craftsmen" didn't get 100% correct. LOL!!!!!

It was wonderful spending time in our new home away from home and settling in to make it our own.

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
Congratulations David and Jo-Anne! I can feel your excitment you have with your "new home' and think it is wonderful that you've found such few problems! I hope you have many safe miles and fun-filled days!!! Peace
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Mighty pretty rig! Congratulations!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
David and Jo-Anna,
I am so happy to hear your new "home" is treating you so well! I hope it continues to provide you many miles and years of enjoyment...

PS~ Great picture!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
That is great news, David and Jo-Anna. We are glad that you are happy with your new Big Sky. May you continue to have good results and happy days.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Glad to hear things are going well, I like the looks of your new Big Sky, Thanks for the picture!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
I'm glad your trip went so well and you obviously are glad you chose the Big Sky. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Great news, a beauty, I wish you many trouble free miles. You did do your homework. Take care.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
David and Jo-Anna
So glad to hear you had a good first trip. Our Big Sky is now in our yard and we are getting it set up. Looking forward to our first trip. And meeting you along the way someday.
Jackie and Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We're glad your maiden voyage was successful. It looks like Keystone did a good job quality wise as you haven't found any issues. Hope you have many happy years in your new coach.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:44 AM   #11
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
The graphics on the Big Sky are really beautiful !
Glad all is going well. Enjoy !

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:30 AM   #12
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Thanks for all your good wishes - we sure are happy campers!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:28 AM   #13
gunner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6301
David & Joanna, glad to see all was well with your Big Sky. Bull Run is where we have ours stored for the winter and will be getting it out this weekend. Hope to see you around the campgrounds this summer. Are you all planning on attending the Samboree at Bethpage in May? Where will you be storing your rig?
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Great looking rig for you folks, and finally see your new TV! Nice Combo!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Glad everything went good on you first trip and hope that is the way it goes on all of your other ones.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Several people on other threads have commented on how nice our new Big Sky looks in the picture Jo-Anna has added to our signature block. What you didn't know was that she took that picture while I was doing my first driving practice sessions in a parking lot in the campground we went to after we took possession of the rig. While everything looks tranquil in the picture, I'm actually sweating away inside my truck trying to make the $#@&%*%# rear end of the Big Sky move in the direction I want it to. First time for me behind the wheel of a towable rig, and boy it was a learning experience. I sure was ready for a glass of wine after that particular session of driving practice. Wish me luck when I actually have to back that big sucker into a tight site in a campground!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #17
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

Several people on other threads have commented on how nice our new Big Sky looks in the picture Jo-Anna has added to our signature block. What you didn't know was that she took that picture while I was doing my first driving practice sessions in a parking lot in the campground we went to after we took possession of the rig. While everything looks tranquil in the picture, I'm actually sweating away inside my truck trying to make the $#@&%*%# rear end of the Big Sky move in the direction I want it to. First time for me behind the wheel of a towable rig, and boy it was a learning experience. I sure was ready for a glass of wine after that particular session of driving practice. Wish me luck when I actually have to back that big sucker into a tight site in a campground!!!!
David,
The first time we took out our 2980 and put it into a site you would have got a big kick out of me trying to put it into one site while at the same time Jackie was trying to direct be to another. Finally got it into on of them.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #18
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
David and JoAnna,
Glad your first outing was a success! That's always good news and hopefully will stay that way.

judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #19
pasha26287
Established Member

M.O.C. #5815
Send a message via AIM to pasha26287 Send a message via Yahoo to pasha26287
How did you like Bull Run Park? We are going to be work-camping there this summer. Let us know your impressions of the park and staff. Thanks....Bill
pasha26287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Glad to hear everything went well..We were super impressed with the Big Sky on our tour of the factory. I am not surprised that there were few problems.We saw much better quality control and workmanship as well there should be at 3 per day out the door.Backing that big thing is a challenge and we always ask for pull throughs. As we were told in school Bus driving school 70% of all accidents occur while backing. I try not to back.. I let Helen do it...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote