Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Bathroom Sink

Has anyone replaced their bathroom sink. Had a container of deodorant fall from the medicine cabinet and land in the sink which cracked the bottom. I would have thought it would have been stronger. I really would rather replace it with something better. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
dhalley

M.O.C. #4370
Dennis Replacing the sink should pose no greater problem than replacing one in you home. If you can do that I wouldn't be afraid to change one in the camper.
dhalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I had the same thing happen 31 Jan as we were moving into the new, to us, stick house. I just got the replacement sink and put it in yesterday. It is very easy to do. I did go to the hardware store and buy the window putty. This is the same stuff they used. You undo six screws underneath, disconnect the drain, and disconnect the two water connections, pry up to break the seal from the putty and out it comes. Remember to take the water pressure off the lines before you disconnect them. Clean up the old putty move the hardware over, apply putty to the bottom of the sink and put it back in place.
Yes I agree it is awful light weight to crack like that, however, my unit was about 27 degrees inside and the bottle was heavy. I will definitely watch what is put in that "tapered" medicine cabinet next time. No warning, it just
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I put strips of clear plexi-glass in our medicine cabinet to keep things from falling out. Works for us. I also put some in the spice cabinet.
Dusty
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote