Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2007, 03:33 AM   #21
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
mine broke this weekend (2nd time out). Turned it over and the board that the springs are attached to came loose, it was stappled to the chair frame but they missed on all but one stapple at the edge of the board and it pulled thru the board. I have a call in to my dealer and we'll see how long it takes to get a replacement.

wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #22
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Have to put in a good word here. Our Montana will be exactly five years old next month. We have averaged about 10,000 miles per year and are "frequent movers"--not full timers. Our original recliners are working fine and not too much trouble to set up for moving.

We have been looking as some other models and some other brands, but have not really found anything that motivates us to trade.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just found, while at the service center, that our recliner (we only have one) is unraveling at the rear seam. It may have been that way from day one..we never noticed it. It was not a show stopper so it will be replaced or repaired at the Fall Rally. I rarely sit in it..Helen loves it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #24
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
The original poster referred to "falling" from one side to the other when you sit in the recliner. Ours did that. While under warrenty I told the dealer fabric was wearing off the foot rest. They examined the chair and the base was "bad". The chair was sent back to the chair manufacture, reworked the "bad" frame, and sent back better than new.

After 7 months the repaired chair is still fine. No side to side leaning.
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #25
Grrowlerr
Established Member

M.O.C. #6887
Just a comment on my recliners, we have a 3000RL with two recliners, we have only had the Monty out 4 times, every time we take it out, one of the recliners loses a nut and bolt, once I was able to put it back, the other times I can't tell where it came from. One of the recliner's stitching is coming apart and on both you can see the one side of the chair is pulling away, frame and all! I am very dissatisfied with the recliners, its going to the dealer tomorrow, we will see what they will do for us....
Grrowlerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #26
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Why not do like a lot do don't buy the unit with the recliners ,, we did just that and bought a knock off of a stress lounger , these sold by the high price people but we got a pr for 900.00 bucks and am glad as they are leather and we can move them , you can see them in the fall rally in sept john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #27
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

We took all the Rv furniture out, swivel rockers and couch. After owning three 5th wheel we determined that the furniture that comes with the 5th wheel are just to heavy and not comfortable. Called Keystone and got the price of replacement and donated it to Goodwill and wrote it off our Taxes. We now have all Lazy Boy recliners and a glider rocker chair. And have no couch, all three we have owned were not very comfortable, and of poor design and quality. We are looking into a Love seat type wall hugger recliner. More room and don't have to move it back and forth when moving. Just our choice, others are different. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy, I agree the recliners are a back breaker and we also have been looking for a dual recliner (love seat) wall hugger for the back but no luck yet. If you find one that will fit in the back please let us know. We have also looked at the large sets that you can purchase pieces that you can put together, one with a right arm and one with a left, but again no luck to date.

The recliners in the big sky are just about imposable to close, there has been more than once that my wife has had to get up and then close it by hand. I have tried to make adjustments to the spring but no luck.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dick, I think our dual recliner overstuffed leather loveseat is made by Best furniture. The back comes off so it is easy to get into the rig. The 'family' loves it as we all three sit on it together and are very comfortable.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Dick, I think our dual recliner overstuffed leather loveseat is made by Best furniture. The back comes off so it is easy to get into the rig. The 'family' loves it as we all three sit on it together and are very comfortable.
Thanks Judy, do you have it in the back or on the side? Do you remember what model it is? They all look to deep to me to fit in the back.
Thanks,
Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:13 AM   #30
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Our wood is broken, my dealer got in repair parts for me right after we reported the problem, and gave pictures. They sent the steel parts....
I said look at the pictures I gave you; wood, not steel! I just need a new chair.
Still haven't resolved the problem, probably never will. (Naylor in K.C.)
Chair: http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=7d0e2eaf.jpg
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #31
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We just replaced our couch with one made by England which is a Lazyboy company. A much nicer hide-a-bed for Jennifer to sleep on. Also, had to special order two Lazyboy swivel-glider-rocker-recliners because they didn't carry any in the store with the fabric that we wanted. Hope they're done soon.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #32
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
By and large the recliners in our 3400RL were so fugly that I couldn't even give them away. Took them to goodwill for the donation. Replaced with Lane leather. The dinning table and chairs are the next to go. Which will be followed by the sofa. I never thought of ordering the unit with no furniture but wish we had, the quality of this stuff is marginal at best, junk in most cases.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #33
Grrowlerr
Established Member

M.O.C. #6887
A lot of you talk about replacing with Lazy Boy or Lane recliners, are these made for RVs or are you just buying recliners like you buy for the home. The only recliners I find for RV are Flex Steel, and I am worried that is what I have now if I am going to replace them I don't want the same thing.
Grrowlerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:47 AM   #34
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
The items we are purchasing are not RV furniture, found shopping at various furniture stores after visiting way to many websites. The Lane we bought was a custom unit we ordered and had made.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #35
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I can fall asleep on the couch without a problem. Don't think I have been in the recliner 5 times . I don't like it but Helen does and although it is unraveling at the rear seams it has not collapsed under her weight (maybe 125lbs) She does hate to move it around and we will toss it and replace with something lighter and better quality.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:59 AM   #36
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Our couch is so uncomfortable no one sits on it. It pitches forward. Laying on it is impossible. Chuck uses the recliners and sleeps quite nicely I sit at the dinig table.

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #37
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
We too, are not too happy with the recliners in our Big Sky. Why do they think they have to use such a heavy chair. We have only spent 2 weeks in our Big Sky, and closing them is a problem. Because the king size mattress took up so much room, (we are use to
a full size mattress,) we had the dealer take our new mattress for a price, cut the board it lay on, and put a new full mattress we had bought before we got to the dealer in place of it and we love it.

We may have to replace the chaires as well.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #38
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
We finally got one of our recliners traded out for our Klaussner leather with heat and massage in it. Like the non-swivel better than the swivel base not to mention half the wieght. Gina was kind of like, "why are we doing this"? Now everytime I come in and she is in a relaxed state it is in that recliner. 1/2 inch to spare so have to watch the slide out closely but well worth that time.

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #39
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We sold our recliners soon after moving in. We replaced with RelAxr(sp?) brand. I believe they are made in Canada. They are a rocker/recliner/swivel with rocking foot stools. We have had them both in the back and in the slide. We turn the footstools upside down in the seat and turn the chairs with backs together and strap them when moving. Be sure the footstools rock side to side and not front to back(they fall out of the chair that way. We put trash baskets, lamps and misc in the footstools. They are also lighter in weight and ours are leather. We covered the seats and the backs with bath towels when we had the dog. He drooled on the leather. We saw them at an RV show and then googled for a location. You can find them in Lynden, WA and Abbotsford, BC.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #40
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Were headed to Nebraska Furniture tomorrow.... To do the deed....If there ever is a NEXT TIME, what ever we buy will be without furniture and TV's. I can purchase BOTH CHEAPER and get higher quality than what is provided by Keystone.. It kind a reminds me of a Cadillac I seen years ago with CLOTH SEATS????????????????? Go Figure.
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote