Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2024, 11:11 AM   #1
Seahawkfan

M.O.C. #34133
Leaning slide

Good morning
New to this forum, have a 2023 Montana 3123 5th wheel. As we were getting on the freeway a vehicle pulled up next me and said that the top of my slide came out about a foot or so. The on ramp was a sharp right hand turn. Checked mirrors and didn't see an issue. Went to the next exit pulled off and checked the slides and found that everything was in. Went to a rest area and it had a sharp right hand exit and noticed that the top of the slide did come out a couple inches then returned to the closed position when I straightened out. This can't be normal or I hope not. Sent a message to Keystone, still waiting for a response. Anyone else have this issue??

Seahawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 12:04 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
If the slide is operated by hydraulics, it's possible that it needs adjustment. The top of the slide when closing should be making contact a couple inches before the bottom of the slide comes in contact so there is pressure at the top to keep the slide from leaning out. Not sure what to do if this is a cable operated slide.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 12:09 PM   #3
Seahawkfan

M.O.C. #34133
Thanks for the reply, they are hydraulic. I'll run them in and out to see if the top contacts first or not.
Seahawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:59 AM   #4
buck119fa

M.O.C. #33775
I had some adjustments I needed to make on my LR slides. Off center and the bottom wasn't pulling in all the way. I used this You-Tube link to make the adjustments on the hydraulic slide.
Might want to check it out, very informative on the adjustments.

https://youtu.be/koGmotPRJWw?si=RhbVZjv-qDF1Ez96
buck119fa is offline   Reply With Quote