Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
mmoutoux

M.O.C. #22168
How to get keystone to honor warranty

I have a 2018 3791 montana which has had a problem with leaking hydrolic jacks, made by lippert, since nearly the day I bought it. The unit was purchased in Florida, after which, we traveled to Arizona. During the trip, we noticed that the driver's side seemed to be going out of level every couple of days. Even while driving, the front jacks would sometimes partly extend and would need to be tied up, for safety.

We've found a reliable repair company in our area, that has extensive experience with Montana's, who performed initial diagnosis, replacing one leaking connector. He submitted a claim for warranty work to keystone. That was 4 months ago. They have ignored his payment request, even though he has worked with them successfully in the past. Apparently, there are two more steps needed to identify and solve the problem. However, he is unwilling to do the work without being paid.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get keystone to honor their warranty without involving an attorney?

mmoutoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Call lippert and get them involved. It's their product and they will help,you.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Lippert is very good to work with. The key, for me anyway, to getting Keystone top pay for things is to call Keystone first and get approval to use the place I want to have it fixed. (They are never going to pay a bill if a file wasn't opened on a problem.) They'll usually do that if there's no Montana dealer in the area and even once when there was but I had a good reason not to use them. Then I paid the bill and they sent me a check surprisingly fast. I also call Keystone even if it's at a dealer because many of the problems getting Keystone to honor a problem come from the dealers.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
My recent experience with Keystone Customer Service was the fist person I talked to did not resolve it. They then called back the next day to approve it. Have you called Keystone yourself to see if you can get it moving? The dealer told me I would have better luck if I called.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
Carried Away
Established Member

M.O.C. #20782
We have a 2017 3721 and we had a problem with leaking and popping on our right front jack. After a few issues with finding the time and the right service center, we worked with Misty at Keystone service. She coordinated with the service center in Washington state. First we had to go to the repair facility to confirm the diagnosis, the part was ordered and we came back 2 weeks later for the installation. All was good.
Carried Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
if he isn't willing to complete what montana wants then go to someone else. 4 months is his issue, not montana's issue. it isn't going to happen without what montana wants him to submit.

i hope you have not had him repair the part. good luck.

and lippert may be helpful but it is still under warranty via montana.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty work