Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
CAPTSMIR
Established Member

M.O.C. #8946
Send a message via AIM to CAPTSMIR Send a message via Yahoo to CAPTSMIR
Winterizing

First time in ten years I have to winterize my 2008 Montana 3075RL. Can anyone direct me to a step by step process? Thank you. CAPTSMIR

CAPTSMIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Here is what I do for my '07 3075RL.
-I bypass the water heater and pull the anode rod to drain it. And check the rod for replacement if needed. I flush the water heater with a flush wand. I put the rod back in finger tight and reflush in the spring.
-I turn the winterizing switch to the winterize position.
-I connect a short hose (4') to the winterize connection and drop the other end into a jug of antifreeze. I set the jug on a step ladder near the height of the connection to minimize the height the pump has to lift the liquid.
-With all faucets closed, I start the pump.
-I open a low point drain to get the antifreeze started and close it when I see antifreeze come out.
-Repeat for second low point drain.
-I go inside and open a faucet until I see antifreeze come out, then close it. I let it run long enough to get antifreeze in the P trap.
-Repeat for every faucet, including shower, and for the toilet.
-I watch the jug thru a window to make sure I turn the pump back off before the jug goes dry. When the jug is low, I turn the pump off and refill the jug from a full jug without removing the hose so the hose stays full.
-With a short hose on the outside faucet conection, I open each outside shower valve until I see antifreeze come out the hose then close it.
-I connect the other end of that hose on the shower connection to the black tank flush connection and open a valve and let antifreeze run thru the flush line for a 30 seocnds or so. Whatever I feel it needs to get the line full of antifreeze.
-I start the washer/dryer on HOT until I see antifreeze in the drum, then drain.
-I start the washer/dryer on COLD until I see antifreeze in the drum, then drain.
-I turn the winterize switch back to the normal position.
-I kiss her goodbye until spring.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
I had reliable power, so here's what I did:

Drained all tanks and lines. Bought lots of cheap WalMart trouble lights. Put two, with 60w bulbs, every where water might freeze and cause a problem, such as washer/dryer, water pump, refer, etc.

If power was not reliable, I used the pink stuff.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote