Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Papalr
Established Member

M.O.C. #8618
Flag holder

I know this probably sounds like a dumb question, but as soon as I purchased one someone on MOC would mention a better one. So I thought I would ask first - then purchase. We're looking for a detachable flag holder, preferably one that would attach to the rear ladder. I would like to fly a 3 by 5 flag. We checked at CW, but was not impressed. DW found several options on the internet, but wanted some suggestions before purchasing.

Papalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Lonnie,

I bought this on the Internet:

It works good & I get a lot of looks & questions. It's 16 feet high from the holder on the ladder. We have had 35 MPH winds with No problems. It collapses to 4 feet for storage & it's made of Fiberglas.

This is the web site:http://www.polesandholders.com/home.php?cat=1

Hope this helps.....let me know if I can answer anymore questions for you.

Roy

Just an update......I installed the mount just below the top step for support. Don't install the way they show it on the web site. The wind will bend the ladder slightly as they show in their pictures.
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
Hi Papair , if you are looking for a real nice Flag Pole System,then take a look at www.flagpolebuddy.com . They have a nice mount that is available in several different sizes and all the accessories you could imagine for your Flag Pole. They are great people to do business with and will treat you well. ...Scott
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have the 1.5 that I fly a "flag colored" wind sock or my flying bird on ocassion. Works great with the twist on connector also.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:20 AM   #5
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I have the Portable Folding Tire Mount and a 20'Fiberglass pole fly 2 flags a U.S and POW. I cut a hole in the mount and clamp it between the front tripod and hitch where the trailer hooks to the truck to hold in front of cap.

http://vistaflags.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=1881
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Believe it or not.....check out a Home Depot store in the (outside) garden section.

They carry a couple different flags and poles. Same as you would get at Camping World, and some on poles and holders, but cheaper.

PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:11 AM   #7
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Flagpole Buddy is a "GREAT" solution. I had the polcarbonate version on our last 5fer and it broke in the cold. I installed the aluminum version on the Montana and have had no problems. Quick and easy to install and the flagpole collapses short enough for easy stowage in the basement.
druryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
Papalr
Established Member

M.O.C. #8618
Thanks to everyone for their input. I checked out all the different sites and decided on Flagpolebuddy.com. They were very helpful when I had a couple of questions and now have a 1.0 on order. Thanks again for the help.
Papalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:15 AM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wow! I had one mounted on the ladder on our last trip out and took it down. It was keeping DW awake flapping and making a noise. Guess her hearing is to good.

I'm going to go with the PVC made one that sticks in the ground and swivels when the wind blows. Just might do a "Y" and have two flags flying.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote