Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Hand rail up to bedroom

Has anyone put in or made a hand holder or hand rail up to the bed level. i know its only 3 steps but when the hips on the wife and my knees are no good we need help we have a 300rk so the tv is next to the steps but still i have to find something solid to attach to as the panel won't hold it john

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
haslcs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6202
John i posted for a (hand rail fot stairs) yesterday. and cmp-schooter posted a pictureof the one he done under my post.if you go back to yesterday you will see it. i went to lowes and bought the materials and hardware cost me under $10.00. hope this helps.
haslcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ctures9009.jpg

This is my favorite mod and IMHO, no Montana should leave the factory without a real hand rail. I sent this pic to the factory along with my suggestion. Young people hurt themselves on stairways and Keystone should give their head a shake.
What is the average age of a new Montana buyer? Not 30 that is for sure. My Dad is 80 and without this rail, he would not be able to go up or down my stairs. Some put a handle on the stairs, this is better than nothing but in no way equals a hand rail.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote